Starting her sac!

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Im hoping so. It sure looks that way. I will get another picture tonight since she still hasnt started webbing up the area yet. She has dug a deep pit and is laying in it. None of the other species I have gotten a sac from took this long to make it, so this is pretty interesting.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Getting further. Sorry for the terrible quality, I turned off the flash.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks guys! I nodded off for a few hours but I just went back into the T room and she is almost done laying her eggs. Her abdomen is pretty small now.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
That's awesome!
Hope it's good. I missed my teeny perezmiles's sac laying, but I think she did it in exactly the same way as yours. She couldn't decide wher t put it either until I dumped a huge pile of sub in one corner. She dug herself in there and sealed herself off in way like how your girl has done, but with more sub. She stayed that way for a week before finally dropping.

I wish us both luck!{D

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Bummer

Well this sucks. She must have had some trouble wrapping the sac up.

Pretty bummed out, but it happens. Im going to get a few penultimate males after a few weeks.

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
are you able to pick out the eggs and try to incubate them or would they already be spoiled?

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Dang that sucks Jake! Sorry to see that..

Crysta.. Being that is already in the substrate like that I bet it would be a wast of time to incubate them.. They need enough time in the sac for them to be fertile.. Like.. They have to soak in the males sperm.. For lack of better description..

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yea, hopefully after this girl molts I will have a little more luck. My other female could still have a chance, but I doubt that the male got anything done before she killed him. She was looking a little more plump last night, but thats probably just the after effects of eating her manwich (Zombieland reference).

Like I said, after a few weeks Im going to try to find 2 or 3 juvie and penultimate males.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mine just molted today.. Once I get the molt I will let you know its size & sex...

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was thinking it was larger.. The molt was only 2.75".. Sadly.. Another... Confirmed... Male...

LadySharon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
wait... so there are NO eggs wrapped up at all? Or were some in a kinda made sack with others spilling out?
could you wrap them in cotton/cheezeclothe anything?

(I just hate to give up on things-if it were me I'd try something. :shrugs: ) :(

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
wait... so there are NO eggs wrapped up at all? Or were some in a kinda made sack with others spilling out?
could you wrap them in cotton/cheezeclothe anything?

(I just hate to give up on things-if it were me I'd try something. :shrugs: ) :(
None were wrapped. After she laid the eggs I thought that there wasnt very much webbing down, but I didnt really worry about it. From what it looks like, when she went to wrap that sac up, there wasnt enough webbing and the eggs just spilled out of it. I found the mat that she laid them on all crumpled up near her hide.