Spiders on Parade!

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Love all the new images Brett! :D

Such a shame about the Avics, hope these ones you have left make it.

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
They are all SO adorable :D

The Iridopelma I got from you just molted yesterday! Keep breeding this species, there can't ever be enough of the cute little things.

Balvala

Arachnosquire
The update on all of these guys is makes me extremely glad to see that you have a good few Avic's left from the batch and developing really well. I can't wait to receive one of your Iridopelma spiderlings incredibly soon. These photos just excite me to no end and are a great capture of the progress being made. I wish that I could purchase a Lampropelma sp. "Borneo Black," as well.

Good luck with everything else, my friend. You deserve it. :)

Last edited:

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Congrats on everything bro! Sucks on some of them though. Those langenbucheri are growing so nicely. Cant wait til you produce some :). And the C. fimbriatus female, i see her in the mail towards my house soon. :drool:

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
John did you keep any of the 40 we sent you,because ours have full adult coloration and can now be sexed.And by the looks of things that langenbucheri should be sexually mature on her next molt. her sisters are just a tad behind her ;)..........Just woke up tofind one of our A.minatrix making a sack,so pics to follow.......

---------- Post added 03-11-2013 at 08:38 PM ----------

And final count on the Avicularia was 1 amazonica and 2 bicegoi.VERY disappointing,but we will keep on trying as always.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Are you sure you sent me that many? I have 4 left, but want to find a female for future breeding. I think mine are about 1.5" or so. I dunno how i got down to 4, but trading here and there drops the numbers quick lol. Awesome on the langenbucheri man. Looking forward to you having tons of luck with them.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Are you sure you sent me that many? I have 4 left, but want to find a female for future breeding. I think mine are about 1.5" or so. I dunno how i got down to 4, but trading here and there drops the numbers quick lol. Awesome on the langenbucheri man. Looking forward to you having tons of luck with them.
Yep,35 or 40 I believe.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
So many great pictures...love the Avic fluffballs! Your versi looks awesome and the fimbriatus looks great, too! The P. cam seems to have the temper of my female, lol :D

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well finally had some time to poke some things.....

Some of our Chilobrachys fimbriatus females

Our twin Avicularia minatrix sacs! Laid within a day of each other

Megaphobema mesomelas male

Brachypelma auratum male

Psalmopoeus cambridgei!

Psalmopoeus pulcher!

Ephebopus uatuman

Lampropelma violaceopes. She kindly left us a window into her egg sac chamber

Pelinobus muticus

Thrixopelma ockerti

Tapinauchenius cupreus

Poecilotheria metallica

Tapinauchenius gigas + egg sac!

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats on the beautiful minatrix hatchlings Brett! :biggrin:

Best luck too with the violaceopes, if she produces I'd suspect that a bunch of them may be taking a trip to MN! ;)

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Great update, Brett. Glad to see the Lampropelma violaceopes sac...I've got my eye on snatching up a couple of the little ones myself.

Balvala

Arachnosquire
Everything looks wonderfully healthy, Brett. I also congratulate you on the A. Minatrix hatchlings and noticed the T. Gigas still clutching her egg sag as well. I can't wait until it's time to allow the babies some space to develop. Good luck with everything, you two.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks everyone!!!Hoping to get a count on the minatrix in the next few days.Really hoping the Lampro sack works out as well!!She was a sweetheart to the male for almost two months..I think the sack is on day 20 or so...I really just stopped keeping track in all honesty.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Wow! Congrats on the minatrix sacs! You'll make a lot of people happy over there, I recon! ;)

Stunning looking fimbriatus, too - mine are around 2,5" currently and become increasingly more "devilish" :D

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks! minatrix sack 1 contained 49 slings,sack 2 appears quite a bit larger.Those fimbriatus are in the 5 inch range,at that size they are quite neat to work with.

Last edited:

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks! minatrix sack 1 contained 49 slings,sack 2 appears quite a bit larger.Those fimbriatus are in the 5 inch range,at that size they are quite neat to work with.
Awesome, Brett! I saw some minatrix over here going for around 60 Eur (adults), but even slings are somewhat more expensive due to the quite rare occasion they're offered.
Regarding the C. fimbriatus: Do yours instantly swing around and threatpose / bite when prodded, or do they tend to flee instantly? Mine are starting to do the first, even going after the tongs until I leave their "enclosure". VERY territorial obviously...interesting.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Regarding the C. fimbriatus: Do yours instantly swing around and threatpose / bite when prodded, or do they tend to flee instantly? Mine are starting to do the first, even going after the tongs until I leave their "enclosure". VERY territorial obviously...interesting.
Ours are quite feisty. They have no problems letting us know how much they hate us. Occasionally they do flee (very quickly!!) but when we deal with them there is always a threat pose and a show. Our slings were vicious starting at 2i too, greeeeeeeaaaaaat feeding response. I have a video somewhere I need to try and put up too in here.
They are super cool spiders!

-kelly

Nada

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Looking good guys, I recognize a lot of those lol

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thank you thank you.

Some molters!

The Tapinauchenius gigas are second instars now!

Our Psalmopoeus reduncus slings getting quite large now

Avicularia purpurea matured

Lampropelma violaceopes taking their time......

Little Idiothele mira

Brachypelma verdezi

Pamphobeteus platyomma

The Psalmopoeus cambridgei are second instars now too!

and so are the Psalmopoeus pulcher!

male Thrixopelma ockerti

Brachypelma auratum female