Sparassidae Photos - Huntsman of All Species

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
While on the subject...

Could someone identify this proud mommy? North Thailand, leg span approx 6 to 7 inches

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
O_O
I thought T's were awesome, these are way more awesome.
Too bad they aren't available in the states..

The Snark

Old Timer
I'm going to revive this thread in the hopes of getting an ID on this one.

korg

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I unfortunately cannot help with the ID on your hunstman, Snark, but I just wanted to say thanks for bumping this thread. Some amazing pictures on here that I probably would not have seen otherwise.

RzezniksRunAway

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Snark, that is beautiful! It's almost like a little tiger face on its abdomen in the orientation of the first photo. I'll have to try to get some shots of my H. venatoria to post up. I haven't mustered up the stones to open her cage yet out of fear of her disappearing only to reappear being eaten by one of my cats.

The Snark

Old Timer
Snark, that is beautiful! It's almost like a little tiger face on its abdomen in the orientation of the first photo. I'll have to try to get some shots of my H. venatoria to post up. I haven't mustered up the stones to open her cage yet out of fear of her disappearing only to reappear being eaten by one of my cats.
Yups. Cats and spiders don't mix.

The Snark

Old Timer
I wish this thread was pinned, along with a few others.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
This would be a great pinned post, since it seems like there's a fairly high level of interest here

richierayray

Arachnopeon
Going to bump this amazing thread and also ask if anyone has any of these for sale in the states?!
Thanks everyone for the amazing info and pictures!

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I'm curious to know what's for sale in the states too. I've seen Heteropoda venatoria, occasional Olios giganteus, Holconia insignis and Heteropoda lunula for sale, but besides that, what else is around?

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
This awesome thread is back from the dead! Please sticky!

Except for the fact that Photobucket and TinyPic seem to have almost singlehandedly ruined nearly every photo in this thread.

Thanks,

Arthroverts