SOoo

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
When you buy a T and its sold to you as a male, but you get it and confirm its a female, do you tell them? Or just do the happy dance jigg and thank god for the persons lack of ability to sex correctly?
I guess its a question of morality. But I still cant help but smile just a little. :cool:

mcy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
you paid for it, being a male or female it really shouldn't matter it wasn't your mistake.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So even though it was 80 bucks and should have been 250? Dont say anything? I have been going back and forth with it for a while now. lol

mcy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
personally i would keep it to myself it wont hurt the seller if he doesn't know.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I would tell them. Why would I want a female if a purchased a male.:?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I get what you are saying about why would I want a female when I wanted a male...... but females are nothing to complain about!

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i keep it if you are happy with it;) and you did pay good money for the ( t ):) ;) its just luck you win some you lose some;)

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
I have been going back and forth with it for a while now. lol
Well, its hardly a question of morality. We all make mistakes, but you shouldn't have to pay for their mistake.
But if you did indeed want a male, then, heck yeah I'd get back to 'em.

-Sean

arrowhd

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Sounds like a simple mistake to me. I doubt they sent you a female on purpose if it was suppose to be male. You didn't do anything wrong so if your happy with it then keep it. However, it would be pretty cool to let them know about the mistake. Your call I guess.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You should tell them. It is possible they made a mistake in the T that they sent to you, let them know so they don't make a mistake and send the wrong T to someone else thinking its the one you have.

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'd tell them. You wouldn't hesitate to call if you got a male when you paid for a female, would you? I don't see the difference. Of course, if the breeder wants to make a switch, he should assume responsibility for the shipping out of his/her pocket, it being his/her mistake and all.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Its an odd situation to be in, but I'd probably tell them, because if I made a mistake like that I would want to know, you know what I mean? Then again, it could depend on the species. If I bought a P.metallica or a G.pulchra or something in the high price range, I don't know if I'd tell them I got a female instead of the intended male.:eek:

guitarlust

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i'm torn. a part of me would want to tell them so they, hopefully, would not make the same mistake again. on the other hand, i would not want to tell them in case they decide to jack the price up on me.

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Okay, i've a golden good idea. (that sounded... weird).
What you do, is sell the female to a store near you. they'll usually pay about half what you paid, which is $125. then, you buy another male and you made 45 bucks profit. *big grin*

hope it goes well, and do what you gut tells you. c ya

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i'm torn. a part of me would want to tell them so they, hopefully, would not make the same mistake again. on the other hand, i would not want to tell them in case they decide to jack the price up on me.
There is no danger of that. If they want more money, tell them they can have the female back if they give you the male you paid for, and tell them you will not pay for any of the shipping, as it is their mistake, not yours.

wburke17

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
did you want the male for breeding? or didi you want it because it was cheaper.
if you wanted for a breeding project call and let them know and have them pay the expensis.
if you wanted it because of the price, well then you scored.
Warren

mischaaussems

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
you bought it knowing it was a male. Why would you like a male species. Is it for breeding or a different coloration of the male that you like. If I wanted a male and was sold a female I would tell the seller. If you wanted a female than I don't know why you bought a male in the first place, but then you can do the happy dance......

fantasticp

Arachnocompulsive
Old Timer
If you bought it from anyone who reads this board, They might know already.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
There is no danger of that. If they want more money, tell them they can have the female back if they give you the male you paid for, and tell them you will not pay for any of the shipping, as it is their mistake, not yours.
If they want more money, you don't have to give it to them. Heck, its yours and you bought it. They can't demand it back or more money.

Really, I don't see why you should have to contact them unless you actaully WANTED a male. They know they make mistakes, and unless you want to just inform them of your discovery.

-Sean