Some of my kids

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Last photo for tonite

This was another fun one to get :)

This is a 1.5" Pterinochilus murinus "Usambara" sling, a.k.a., a baby orange bitey thing.

Attachments

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Time for more pics

This is a sub-adult male Pamphobeteus nigricolor. I'm still itching from the clouds of hair this little bast**d kicked up as I chased it all over the place trying to get it back in its cage =D

Attachments

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Look at those cute little eyes.. They are like puppy dog eyes... awww how cute.

You have an adorable collection :) Great pics

Originally posted by Code Monkey
I've taken it upon myself to try and get a good picture of all my Ts as they currently look (getting a shot of the H. maculata should prove interesting :) ). In the tradition of this forum, I will use this thread to subject you all to my photographic skills (or lack thereof).

I'll start off with one of my favorite spiders, a subadult Nhandu coloratovillosus, tenatively sexed as a female but I'm waiting on the next moult to be sure:

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
still itching from the Pampho...

This has been a popular subject the past 24 hours. This is my juvenile male Acanthoscurria geniculata.

Attachments

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
eyeing the A. bicoloratum jealously...

This wee one is definitely in its ugly duckling stage. This is a Brachypelma boehmi sling.

Attachments

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
from tiny acorns do mighty oaks grow

Not looking much like the 8" giant it will be one of these days, this is a Grammostola aureostriata sling.

Attachments

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
acorns come even smaller

This is an even younger Grammostola aureostriata - I thought the one pictured above was small when I first got it, but this one is the smallest I've ever seen.

Attachments

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
More tiny giants

This is my Acanthoscurria geniculata sling in the middle of the age ranges. It's just starting to get a hint of the striping.

Attachments

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
This is a Brachypelma ruhnaui sling. I really, really hope this is a female as I shelled out the bucks for two of these things and the other one died right after I got it.

Attachments

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
enough of the midgets

This is a juvenile Brachypelma albopilosum. I think this is a male, if so he'll have a date with my female pictured above one of these days.

Attachments

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
LAST PHOTO!

This is it, the last shot. I've spared you looking at each of my identical bald sac mates ;)

This is my juvenile female Brachypelma emilia. She actually ate something for the first time two nights ago since her oral infection so I'm hoping she's over the hump.

Attachments

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Re: And now for the other one

This is my other Brachypelma smithi; unfortunately, it's also a juvenile male. One of these two better knock up some nice girl one of these days so I can get another female - wanting another nice, fat female smithi is what I got back into the hobby for, heh.
Code,
Did you setup that smithi in a enclosure, where the lid is the floor?
Thats what it looks like. I like that idea, no lid to hide the view.:)

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Re: acorns come even smaller

This is an even younger Grammostola aureostriata - I thought the one pictured above was small when I first got it, but this one is the smallest I've ever seen.
Did you get that one from Swifty..(okay I admit it, I started reading this thread from the end, backwards..) My little sling looks just exactly like that, from Swift's..except, I havent seen it lately..it has an entire network of tunnels throughout its vial..and has permanently gone into hiding.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Re: Re: acorns come even smaller

Originally posted by rapunzel
Did you get that one from Swifty (?)
Yep. That was my freebie on the order I got from him last week. Somewhere I'm hoping to be able to get a breeding pair out of what I've got: 4 young Chacos from 3 different bloodlines.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Re: Re: And now for the other one

Originally posted by MrT
Did you setup that smithi in a enclosure, where the lid is the floor?
Thats what it looks like. I like that idea, no lid to hide the view.:)
That would be just a little too clever of me. Nah, the little bugger was happily posed on its cork tube and when I lifted him out of the cage the silk mat took a ton of substrate with it, creating the impression you see.