solifugids actually lives longer than we think

Reluctant Widow Mother

Arachnosquire
Solifugids

It is good to hear that they can live a while in captivity. I have been wanting to get one for a while. Who out there in the US has any for sale?
I have found smaller ones near my mom's house (geez, I get all my bugs from her area). Is it best to start with a younger one? I'm not sure if we have just the one species, so maybe the ones I thought were juveniles were a different species. Just guessing, but I imagine collectors would want species that grow larger than the ones in my area. If not, maybe I could collect a few during a time of year when they're still young? Then again, you can't always count on finding one.

Royalty

Arachnoknight
I have found smaller ones near my mom's house (geez, I get all my bugs from her area). Is it best to start with a younger one? I'm not sure if we have just the one species, so maybe the ones I thought were juveniles were a different species. Just guessing, but I imagine collectors would want species that grow larger than the ones in my area. If not, maybe I could collect a few during a time of year when they're still young? Then again, you can't always count on finding one.
If it is your first time keeping usually older ones are hardier but if you are going to collect a bunch, I would go for younger ones to keep adult ones in the wild to breed.

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel

important husbandry notes