Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

So I made an application...

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by tisha, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Advertisement
    I like the fact that you can feed them from the list view. It makes it quick and easy and that's primarily what I'm using this app for.

2. Hi All!
    An updated version is now available for download!
    Please download it from http://tarantulas.p3kb.com/
    Thanks! :wink:

Screenshots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Not sure if anyone has brought this up yet but I just downloaded the new app and it still wont let me create a genus and species. I long click the country but it doesn't do anything.

4. MatthewM1

MatthewM1 Arachnoknight

It works on mine

Sent from my LG-P930 using Tapatalk 2

5. To add a new genus & species, click on ur device's menu button, there should be a 'Add Genus/Species' option.
    Long click the country works if you want to edit an existing genus/species. :)

6. Update:
    v1.2 will be out soon, here's the list of changes: :wink:
    1. Feed history
    2. Settings, UI related
    3. T photo gallery/history

7. brezo

brezo Arachnosquire

great app, i hate my old book, which i spilled coffe over a few times :)

8. Tomoran

Tomoran Arachnoknight

Crap! I have a Windows phone (don't judge me!) and a iPad. so I don't think it would work with either. This sounds excellent, though. Might have to convince my wife to download it on her android...

Tom

9. Will240393

Will240393 Arachnopeon

You've been working real hard to get these updates out congrats!.

10. MatthewM1

MatthewM1 Arachnoknight

Not sure if this is new with the update or if I just didn't notice before. There's a good size black gap at the bottom of the screen. Here's a screen shot so you see what I mean. Works great though, just not fitting to the screen right. uploadfromtaptalk1385432407200.jpg

11. Is this the same on all the screens or just when adding/editing a T?
    What device are you using and android version?
    Thanks!

12. Bird Man

Bird Man Arachnoknight Old Timer

Just updated mine. Would it be possible to make it so that a name is not required to save? I don't name my T's. I just keep them by scientific names.

13. MatthewM1

MatthewM1 Arachnoknight

2.3.5 it's an LG Nitro. It's all screens

14. Hi guys! New update coming next week, hope you're still interested! :giggle:
    Here are the changes:
    1. Name no longer required
    2. Optimize image loading (beta)
    3. Add sorting T list
    4. Backup and restore
    5. UI adjustments to support multiple devices
    6. Allow orientation change

15. I don't name mine either so I just put the common name for the T in there. Great app for keeping track of feedings by the way.

16. Downloaded it and love it! Now I'm just waiting for my T's to arrive! :p

---------- Post added 12-02-2013 at 04:26 AM ----------

You should put an option where we can organize the list by recent feeding and maybe add a calender/alarm thingy (itll go off when its time to feed again or will generate a list of what T's need to be fed that day)

17. Will240393

Will240393 Arachnopeon

Oh i like the idea of the alarm.

18. Yep, been thinking of a timer too, in a little complicated way.
    I'm thinking of adding a 'feed every x days', than based on the last feeding, the app will show a notification to feed x Ts even when the app is closed.
    I'm still researching how to make the app run as a service/background and should also auto start (in d background too) when the device is restarted.

Edit:
    So basically here are some fields needed.
    1. Feed every x days.
    2. Is T in pre-molt? If so, do not notify.
    3. Notify again after x days.

If I get more time, I can probably start with the basic alarm, meaning when the app is opened. :)
    We'll see what can be done.

Edit again:
    So I started on the 'alarm/notification', and I think an 'on time' notification is not really needed. Our Ts won't starve to death if we missed a couple of days feeding, so the simple notification should work. Or I'm just being lazy! :sneaky:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.