Snake pic thread.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Thanks for the reply.:) I have to say that Rusty is the nicest looking corn snake I've ever seen. The colour is just wonderful and he looks so nice and beefy! I haven't liked the look of most corns, but that one is a beaut.

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
he is a looker for sure. also has a very relaxed temperament. he's bitten the owner before once in the last year, but other than that i can't say he has even tried to bite anyone. she just messed up had the smell of food on her hand or something.

heres a pic of him doing what he does best.

Penna

Arachnopeon
hah rusty is blushing. :} yep, its a corn. she kept saying it was a rat snake..but when i asked people on this corn snake forum, the overwhelming answer was corn snake. honestly i'm not crystal clear on the difference...different subspecies or something?

he's pretty old...i forget exactly how old, but the first number to come to mind is 13 years old. he has some trouble with each shed on the underside of his neck..you can see a little piece of skin there. i think he has an old scar there or something..not sure.

red rat snakes are cornsnakes

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
To tell apart a corn or a rat you need to look at the band across their eyes. I believe it's solid, it's a corn. Broken, is a rat. I can't remember if its the other way around or not.

CaptainChaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
And here are some of mine lovely pets:

Need to take some new and better pictures... :?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Some gorgeous snakes on this thread! I am especially fond of the venomous ones! :D Keep em coming.

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
haha those C. viridis viridis look pretty welcoming. :}

i really like that A. ceratophora too. very nice group of snakes you have there. :clap:

padkison

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wow! Some gorgeous snakes!

Well here's as plain as it gets. Wild caught Black Rat Snake from up the street yesterday. Do you have to feed these Black Mice? :?

padkison

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Here's an old one from last summer. A copperhead that wouldn't go away. About 2 feet long if I remember correctly.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Stefan excellent pictures.u have a great collection!would like to see more pics of that ceratophora.
just looked those up and it apears they live in same region as p.murinas,or in the usambra mountains.very interesting viper

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Here's an old one from last summer. A copperhead that wouldn't go away. About 2 feet long if I remember correctly.

Gorgeous Copperhead! I would love and plan to own this species sometime in the future!

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'll try to get photos up soon, i have right now

1.1 Lampropeltis getula floridana 4 foot and 4.5 foot

1.1 Python regius 3.5 foot and 18in

1.0.0 Lampropeltis triangulum sinaloae 17in

1.0 Lampropeltis triangulum hondurensis 4 foot

0.1 Boa constrictor occidentalis 8 foot

1.0.0 Elaphe obsoleta obsoleta 4.5 foot

I'll post photos soon,
~Samuel

CaptainChaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thx, i too prefer the looks of venomous snakes. The Atheris is a nice species and maybe somewhere in the future i´ll get a few more of those like squamigera :)
Ofcourse i have only a few crappy pics of all but here´s a few more:

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here are a few pictures of my female Boa Constrictor Imperator. She is just over 5 feet right now (still small considering the size of her parents). These pictures are about 4-5 months old, so she has grown a little more since they were taken. Ill try to get pics of my Corn and Kingsnake to post later, but my camera is at school not home.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thx, i too prefer the looks of venomous snakes. The Atheris is a nice species and maybe somewhere in the future i´ll get a few more of those like squamigera :)
Ofcourse i have only a few crappy pics of all but here´s a few more:

Man that snake is gorgeous! I love the "eye lashes" on that snake! :clap:

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Those are Bush Vipers right? Thats the #1 venomous snake I want to own someday. I know someone that keeps a couple so Im going to work with him for a long while to get used to what it takes to care for one, then in a year or two I might look into getting one.

Bothrops

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Crotalus durissus terrificus

Bothrops alternatus

Bothrops neuwiedi paranaensis

CaptainChaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sounds good, it´s a good idea to work with someone who works with such and get used to these that way. She has been pretty easy at me so far, hopefully it would stay that way ;)

I love the Eyelashes too, although i´d prefer this babycolour instead of the yellow but still nice snakes indeed :)

Man i like the looks of that terrificus! Just plain mean and nice :worship:

Natemass

Arachnolord
Old Timer
my newest little bugger, western hognose or basically my little prairie rattlesnake;)

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm not a big snake guy, but I absolutely LOVE Gaboon Vipers. I will own one some day.