Snake pic thread.

AnthrpicDecadnc

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hah rusty is blushing. :} yep, its a corn. she kept saying it was a rat snake..but when i asked people on this corn snake forum, the overwhelming answer was corn snake. honestly i'm not crystal clear on the difference...different subspecies or something?

he's pretty old...i forget exactly how old, but the first number to come to mind is 13 years old. he has some trouble with each shed on the underside of his neck..you can see a little piece of skin there. i think he has an old scar there or something..not sure.
Rat snakes are a group of colubrid snakes that generally get rather large and have a flat belly. a corn snake just happens to fall in that group.

AnthrpicDecadnc

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow! Some gorgeous snakes!

Well here's as plain as it gets. Wild caught Black Rat Snake from up the street yesterday. Do you have to feed these Black Mice? :?
uuh.. aren't they protected? They are almost gone in my state. Mainly because of stupid people who are ignorant of snakes. they disgust me. everytime i here someone tell me they killed a snake of some sort, i want to deck them in the face.

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
just took this picture of my king snake. sadly, i'll be selling it this week. :(

CaptainChaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here´s a few new pics to bring up this thread again:

And the last ofcourse is a baby Atheris squamigera , not ceratophora (that´s what happens when you do these things at night) :)

Cheers
Stefan

Daisey_Boo222

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my corn-hercules

He's a bit grumpy =]

This is where he currently resides- only for travel of course. He's got it all in there :D

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
Here´s a few new pics to bring up this thread again:
And the last ofcourse is a baby Atheris squamigera , not ceratophora (that´s what happens when you do these things at night) :)

Cheers
Stefan

love those Atheris! :D

took my highly dangerous corn snake out last night..hadn't handled it in a while since i moved..figured i'd take it out for a bit before feeding it. camera was on autofocus since it's kinda tough to take focused one handed pics.. the snake is now at 3 feet long..has grown quite a bit.