Smaller centipedes

UltimateDracoMeteor

Arachnosquire
I have been looking more and more into centipedes recently. They scare me but there is something on them that makes me want to keep them. The main problem i see is their size (at least of the species that are generally kept in the hobby).

So i was wondering if there are any smaller species (5cm-10cm-ish) that are easily obtainable.
A few months back i saw a quite large one (10cmish) on a wall and ever since i regret not capturing it (no idea what sp. it was. But it was found in central Slovenia)
You could try a stone centipede (Lithobius) if you want one that's the same shape as a Scolopendra but cuter and smaller. They're not very venomous and more docile than Scolopendra, as well as being shorter with less segments, making them basically Scolopendra-lite. You can find them under rocks or for sale online for pretty cheap.

Czech prime

Arachnoknight
This! A 2-3" centipede can give you just as nasty a bite as a 7-8", depending on the species and venom potency. As far as I'm aware, a pedeling has just as potent venom as an adult. If you have the proper respect for the centipede, it really shouldn't matter if you do decide to keep one of the giants.

I also have a S. subpinipes, and can confirm everything said here. I can clean the enclosure, refill the water, move the hide, ect. and it really doesn't bother her all that much. She would much rather move away from the commotion and burrow than to become aggressive and come after me. You do have to have a respect for how fast they can be, and understand how they perceive the world. Vibrations, smells, and light all play a factor into their reaction. I have witnessed my girl test pinching the water dish I put in before walking on it, so they are cautious and intelligent. They will also try to escape, so make sure you double check that your enclosure is "centipede-proof".
Hmm i will respect a centipede no matter what as i do tarantulas, no handling or whatever.
The problem i see with the giant ones is not that they'd be more dangerous than a smaller one but that the sheer size of a huge centipede would intimidate me so much that i would be scared of it so much that i would avoid it/get rid of it