Show Us Your Emps!

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
are you cohabitating your H spinefer with your emp because i heard that they wil kill each other. i want to do that to but im not sure if its a good desicion.
done this many many times with no problem. there are some fights sometimes but nothig serious just usually over food. I had 3:2 emps and spinifers no problem.

REAL

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
STOP IT I CAN'T STAND IT NO MORE!!!

I'M ON A BUDGET FOLKS SEEING ALL THESE PICTURES WANNA MAKE ME BUY SCORPIONS NOW :wall:

SCORPIONblue

Arachnopeon
No pic, but an update

I had that sick scorpion a while back, my new is doing great, I am going to have to upgrade the enclosure though, since the ones he's in got melted a bit.

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My signiture pet are my emp scorp, they are one of the biggest, mercyless, notorious and deviant in this site. Before you guys look at my emp pics and critize me let me tell you some of the story why they have the war paint on them. First scorp male, name True Hollow, size almost 8", story- he escape from his enclosure using a wire then fell into my t blondi's cage. the next morning i found him in my t blondi cage :( he was so fat and his eating my 8" T blondii (creepy jr). Second scorp female, name N.E.D (the guardian of the dead), size 8", story- she was the most kindess in the group and also shy. She only comes out when its time to eat. Third scorp female, name Fury, size 8", story- one day pikachu (mouse) escape from T blondi enclousure and decided to stay with my friendly emp cage. Next morning he was found massacered and rape. the suspect is Fury because she was so fat.

they look small lol

Spiral Delta Formation

Escape plan

The DELTA FORMATION

True Hollow on the left, Fury on the right, N.E.D on top

Why on earth would you paint your scorpions? For a minute I thought they all had bad mycosis!

Ted

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i didnt even want to ask about the paint.

:wall:

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i find the paint thing kind of odd, but if its what you do, its what you do. doesnt seem to effect them, so i dont see a problem, just taste really.

anyways, here are a few shots of my old emp. RIP.

John

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It gives them more character :D
When I had grand ideas of raising myriads and myriads of scorpions I was thinking of ways to mark and ID them for easy spotting in a community. Here is what I found to mark them it may interest you too.

Luminous Paints and Powders

Marking paint and pigment powders manufactured by Shannon Luminous Materials, Inc. were originally developed for the theatrical industry. The non-toxic paint is acrylic and fluorescence does not wash off. Using the powder is especially convenient for marking small insects that need not be treated individually. Powder remains on specimens indefinitely, permitting identification at a later time under UV fluorescence. Both paint and powder are visible in daylight.

http://www.bioquip.com/Search/DispProduct.asp?itemnum=1166A

It would give a real :cool: UV effect...

Craiger

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
When I had grand ideas of raising myriads and myriads of scorpions I was thinking of ways to mark and ID them for easy spotting in a community. Here is what I found to mark them it may interest you too.

Luminous Paints and Powders

Marking paint and pigment powders manufactured by Shannon Luminous Materials, Inc. were originally developed for the theatrical industry. The non-toxic paint is acrylic and fluorescence does not wash off. Using the powder is especially convenient for marking small insects that need not be treated individually. Powder remains on specimens indefinitely, permitting identification at a later time under UV fluorescence. Both paint and powder are visible in daylight.

http://www.bioquip.com/Search/DispProduct.asp?itemnum=1166A

It would give a real :cool: UV effect...
I just might have to get some of these paints for my emps:) Thanks for showing me!

ZooRex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow Pandinus, I must say those are some nice pics. I tried doing the same thing for my photo class and my stupid SLR camera wouldn't focus:wall: ~ Rex

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
how big is your enclosure ?
10 gallons but I made a more than enough hides and even layered it to make almost 100% more floor space. Altough they would generally use the same hide all the time. I did make some observations. If you remove the heatsource (sidemat) near the hide they all choose the Pimps stayed together in one hide while the spinifers went to another one. Also if you add a heat source but move the hide away from it,the emps would prefer to stay out in the open with constant heat while the spinifers prefered the hide.