SHOW TOMORROW..oh what to get..

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
any suggestions?
no sense pretending i wont be getting something. no such thing as "just looking"...something that grows quick, gets large...something that looks good...something that would look great sitting here by the computer desk , great display...

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Just take a look around, and get whatever jumps out and bites you.

Bill

T

Tarantula

Well it all comes down to your commitment to the pet. DO you want something that is a little friskier than most? THen I would go for an L parahybana, P irminia, P cambridgei or even a P murinus. If you want something that is friendlier go for an Antilles pinktoe.

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
ughhh!

Originally posted by mebebraz
sounds like your looking for a spouse.....=D
I didnt say something that sits around watching teevee, grumbling about laundry, wants breakfast made as soon as his eyes are open, and burps farts and scratches himself...

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by rapunzel
something that grows quick, gets large...something that looks good...something that would look great sitting here by the computer desk , great display...
In my opinion you're exactly describing Lasiodora parahybana here...:) . Quick grower, gets very large, looks good, and is (as adult) almost always non-burrowing and in full sight.
Good luck on the choice!
Joost

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Tarantula
If you want something that is friendlier go for an Antilles pinktoe.

how fast do they grow....slow like the b. smithi? ....considerably faster....heck, even moderately faster?

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Originally posted by rapunzel
how fast do they grow....slow like the b. smithi? ....considerably faster....heck, even moderately faster?
considerably faster than a B smithi, that is for sure!

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Damn,
I wish I could go to the show tomorrow.:(
Az. is pretty much showless. Which really SUCKS!!!!!

Ernie

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Buy an A.geniculata or L.parahybana - they grow like weeds, look good, never turn down meals, are fairly hardy and not too aggressive and are always out in the open. Come to think of it they are the ultimate tarantulas.

Mark

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Originally posted by MrT
Damn,

Ernie
Ernie,
Oddly enough, being that New Mexico and Arizona are THE places to hunt arachnids, there are no shows. We have one, a very dinky one, that has mostly herps..:(
Peace,
Gillian

Devildoll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
going to the Taylor show guys?
I'll be there all day blowing all of my hard earned raise:)

i'm going w/ mmmDonuts cause his cars broke... stop and say hi, i'll probably be at his table w/ him all day.... it's Cronoss Exotic Bugs. I have no idea what i want to get... maybe a new P. ornata if i can find one there.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Gillian
Ernie,
Oddly enough, being that New Mexico and Arizona are THE places to hunt arachnids, there are no shows. We have one, a very dinky one, that has mostly herps..:(
Peace,
Gillian
I hear ya Gillian,
According to that link, theres only one expo. here.
I guess we'll have to wait for the ATS in Carlsbad. Should be good shopping and swapping there. =D

Ernie

Nemesis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Originally posted by MrT
Damn,

Ernie
=D =D
HMMM..... Well Ernie, I'm trying to feel bad for you, but YOU'VE GOT A WHOLE FRIGGIN' BACK YARD OF POSSIBILITIES!!! The Superstitions, Usuary Pass, etc. etc. GO COLLECTING!!!

I'm Jealous!

Kelly O

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Nemesis
=D =D
HMMM..... Well Ernie, I'm trying to feel bad for you, but YOU'VE GOT A WHOLE FRIGGIN' BACK YARD OF POSSIBILITIES!!! The Superstitions, Usuary Pass, etc. etc. GO COLLECTING!!!

I'm Jealous!

Kelly O
Kelly O,
Now how is it you know about Usuary pass? You must have lived here. :) I do go collecting during the spring and summer, but I own all these species already.
I need more. More, more.
If you ever get out here, we need to get together and go out collecting. I have a 55 gal drum I carry water in for collecting. I put it in my truck, I dont carry it on my back. LOL
The T's are 10 mins. from my front door.

Ernie

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
OO that reminds me the monthly PA one is soon.
Time to add to my desert tarantula collection.

A.geniculata seems like a good choice

Last edited:

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
ohhhh

Originally posted by MrT

The T's are 10 mins. from my front door.

Ernie

and here i really was feeling bad that there arent shows...
I think i hear little vioins playing for you...:}
Im gonna go out and collect from MY yard...lets see...common snowflakes, icecrystals, OH LOOK! the ever popular concrete!
;P
Seriously, having the show be ten minutes from my front door has its downfalls, too. Soo easy to spendspendspend...every month...I really think my boyfriend will enjoy a Lasiodora parahybana for Valentines day, dont you? hehehehee.....

Kim