Should I check My Spider ?

Mandiblehead

Arachnopeon
Hey yall. So you know that pill bottole thats in there, I was going to take it out. but he burrowed under it beforeI got a chance to after he molted. he was in the bottle for a while, then he dug out and burrowed under neath, about 3 4 days later I offered him a cricket. he didnt seem to interested. the cricket found his way into the burrow I saw some movvement in there and most probly was spider eating him. or killing him. but since then hes closed all the entry/exits My geck day before yesterday was trying to get out of the tank, Its been very hot here ( around 35 celcius ) so I froze a block of ice ( from a cup ) and put that in there too cool things down, My spider got a shotglass in his tank with an ice cube. How long should I wait before I consider checking on him ? They burrow to get out of heat right ? but verdesi I think are burrowers when there young aswell , but his doors are sealed , and when I stuck my hand in the tank to feel temp it was definantly warmer in there.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Picture? What pill bottle?
And what do u mean a shot class w ice?? NEVER heard of anyone doing that... Just a fresh bowl of water in the enclosure will likely be enough to keep your spider hydrated and cool .

cold blood

Staff member
Its just fine.

Don't put in ice, just dampen part of the substrate around the burrow.

What species are we talking about? How big is it?

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If his enterances are closed up he might be going for a molt. Just leave him be til he emerges on his own.