Should I check My Spider ?

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
my 3" P muticus literally has not surfaced in a year. just checked on it a couple days ago to find out it molted for the first time since August 13 2015. i wouldnt worry about your spider at all. it just takes a eternity sometimes.

Mandiblehead

Arachnopeon
Ok ill leave him alone. should I drop a crick or 2 in there and wait for it to die or him to get it then move cricket if it dies on its own ?
He hasnt eaten in over a week , hes closed off everyhitng, I havent given him anyhitng exept what I lst posted when I saw some movement , I dont think he liked the cricket wandering in there so he closed it all up

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
Ok ill leave him alone. should I drop a crick or 2 in there and wait for it to die or him to get it then move cricket if it dies on its own ?
He hasnt eaten in over a week , hes closed off everyhitng, I havent given him anyhitng exept what I lst posted when I saw some movement , I dont think he liked the cricket wandering in there so he closed it all up
No. Don't put ANYthing in there except water in his water dish. He won't eat until his fangs have turned black. HE knows when his fangs turn black. You will know when he comes out and flashes them at you. And again: don't bug the little guy. He knows better than humans what he needs.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
My P. cam recently molted. She didn't come out of her den for nearly 2 weeks after closing it up. I waited and just today she re-opened her burrow and ate a nice juicy roach. Just let the T do it's thing ;) they are very hardy creatures. Especially Brachys.

Mandiblehead

Arachnopeon
k upon inspection of the tank there is now an opening but it isnt out, should I wait till I see it outside the hole ?

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's being a spider, it knows what it's doing more than you do. Just keep the water dish filled up and you should be good to go. If you're really worried, and if there is an opening in the entrance of the burrow, you can leave a pre-killed cricket. Slings will scavenge and it's safer then leaving a live on in there if you're not sure if it's in premolt. Slings and spiders in general are reclusive creatures, a spider that isn't seen is a happy spider. :)

Mandiblehead

Arachnopeon
ok shortly before I read this I dropped a pinead in there, it wandered around, walked itself in the hole ( I was hoping it would fire out and strike ) and he walked himself right back out, so I gave it to the gecko ( the cricket I mean .) ya thats a good suggestion kill a pinhead. and leave it in there,

Last edited:

Mandiblehead

Arachnopeon
If I did check it would it damage its sketchiness kind of attitude or mess with its personality for the future in any kind of way ? or mabey just get a bit stressed out and go back to its own little business in his world in a short duration being itself again ? Probly only really effected if I tease it or poke it and stuff eh.

Last edited:

DeanK

Arachnosquire
Just leave the T alone. Forget you even have it for a couple of days. Stop thinking about poking it, the T will think you're attacking it and respond accordingly

Mandiblehead

Arachnopeon
Just leave the T alone. Forget you even have it for a couple of days. Stop thinking about poking it, the T will think you're attacking it and respond accordingly
K ya Im doing that upon close inspection of the tank its all closed off so theres no entrance or exit. but I can see a vurrow hole through the clear plastic. so I dropped a coup[le pinheads in there, I didnt kill them I dont think Ive got anyhting to worry about. them walking around itl know there in there and takem out of it wants. thats what I think, any disagreements ?

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
K ya Im doing that upon close inspection of the tank its all closed off so theres no entrance or exit. but I can see a vurrow hole through the clear plastic. so I dropped a coup[le pinheads in there, I didnt kill them I dont think Ive got anyhting to worry about. them walking around itl know there in there and takem out of it wants. thats what I think, any disagreements ?
Would've been a better idea to prekill them and leave them near the entrance.

Mandiblehead

Arachnopeon
Would've been a better idea to prekill them and leave them near the entrance.
there Is no entrance, I inspected all around with a headlight to see if I can see an opening, there was nothin. its just an altered kk. ( just have an elastic band on the lid so I can prop it open when dropin stuff in haha )