• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Selenocosmia crassipes

arachnomop

Arachnopeon
hello hello
im from australia and i have recently accquired a QLD bir eating spider ... it is rather posinonous and i had to sign an indemnity form to not sue the pet store if i was to get bitten (this should have served as a hint):rolleyes:

anyway ... i was cleaning out my spiders cage one day (i have her housed in a large plastic spider thingy ((cant find the right words .. its late shhh)) and she lives in a toilet-paper-tube buried in peat.)

anyway this particular day my mind wasnt fully on task and the spider hadnt eaten for a while (i kept forgetting to buy crickets) she jumped out of her roll and bit me between my forefinger and thumb, on that soft part, it wasnt a dry bite as i couldf eel the venom getting pumped into my hand & she couldnt dislodge herself, eventually she did (she did this by tearing herself off me and leaving me with a gash requiring 6 stitches) soon my hand was redand buring, then my whole arm felt like it was on fire ... i couldnt see or think clearly then i began to have difficulties swallowing, i forgot where i was and was sweating an extremely nautious ... jusy my luck that i was home alone and there is no real antivenom fort his type of thing ... anyay about 5 hours later the pain began to subside and within a week all symptoms were gone

that was longer than i intended it to be
- sorry