seen my afs dive underwater. is it normal?

Nir Avraham

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It can drown... Why is the water so high? Put a small and low water bowl, and put some rocks inside, so it's not gonna drown...

BarkScorps

Arachnopeon
They can drown:dead:.Move them to a set up with only a small water dish not a pond.There are severe consequences to immersion in water to scorps so take it out immediately:eek:.

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Is that H.swammerdami?

I've heard stories of scorpions immersing themselves 100% in water bowls

How did you guys find out that scorpions can drown? :D

dr slevin

Arachnopeon
image.jpeg he knows his way up if he wanted to. ive seen this happen 3 times which happens at night. could he be attracted to the fish? ill post my vivarium. there is actually a wood in the pond where he can use to climb up.

dr slevin

Arachnopeon
ye
Is that H.swammerdami?

I've heard stories of scorpions immersing themselves 100% in water bowls

How did you guys find out that scorpions can drown? :D[/QUOTE

yes it is! tried to research it but i just cant get enough info about this species. hope i can post the video

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Wow that's quite a pool there! I've seen imperators go completely under water, obviously a deliberate move, but only in shallow bowls of water. I'd guess what's happening with yours is that it is roaming around and falls in the water. I'd be a little nervous with that set up, but if you like it you might think about putting more at the corners in the water so that it could climb out easier. It's probably by chance that it's finding it's way back up again.

brolloks

Arachnobaron
Must be one of the most unique setups I have seen in a long time.
As everyone above mentioned, it might just be by coincidence that he finds his way out of the pool which could spell disaster sooner or later.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've seen a couple of my Emperors in their water basins over the years. I've heard of them submerging, but haven't seen it. Just make sure it has plenty of escape routes from the "pond".

dr slevin

Arachnopeon

cant upload the video here. uploaded it on youtube instead u can check the link

thanks for the input i may put additional scape routes just in case.

JoshBC

Arachnosquire
Wow that video is awesome. I had no idea scorpions would/could do that. Doesn't look accidental at all. Thanks for sharing.

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
ditto, that video was AWESOME!!! he seemed to remember where to get out

perhaps he was drawn to the vibrations from your water spout thing?

Shawnee

Arachnosquire
Wow that's definitely a first, never seen that before. He definitely climbed in there on his own accord AND went back out the same way. Freakin awesome

dr slevin

Arachnopeon
saw it again last night. 4 days in a row at almost the same time. maybe they really know how to dive but i guess few have tried the way i set up my vivarium. but im new to this hobby so i really appreciate all comments and suggestions.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Wow. That was amazing! I've seen scorpions in water before - but they'd fallen into swimming pools and either drowned or been discovered and fished out in time. This is the first time I've seen one going into (and out of) the water on purpose!

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Even though it is quite the risky set up, that's one of the coolest things I have ever seen regarding scorpions.

brolloks

Arachnobaron
Very cool video, you might have just started a new craze on the forum now. Ok everyone, start building your new enclosures in..3..2..1!