Scorpion Picture Thread

Noah Loiselle

Arachnopeon
Not sure if this is where I do this but what species of scorpion would this be? I found this guy when I was in Ecuador taking a night tour in the Amazonian Rainforest. It was not to far from the Yasuní National park and about 2 and a half hours up river from the town of Coca if that helps.

Attachments

drapion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thats a Tityus species. As for a proprt id would have to take a closer look at it

Prophet

Arachnosquire
One of my first scorpions. I have 3 in total but so far have only seen 2 of them for more than a minute. I think I made their hiding spots too comfortable..

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
I could use some assistance in identifying these two species if anyone can help? The different color telson's are what have me confused. Thanks in advance!!
First one is around 4-4.5in long with tail
20171124_204033.jpg
This one is closer to 3-3.5 with tail, and pretty plump as you can see.
DSC_0632.JPG

BGHAdam

Arachnopeon
I went to a reptile show 2 days back looking for either a g. pulchra or a. chalcodes, but both were sold out, so I got this emperor scorpion instead! I don't know for sure, but I looked at the pectines and I think it's a male. He's a WC, so I almost didn't buy him, but I figured I might as well since emperors are hard to find now. After I got him I noticed that his right mandible is kinda swollen, but it doesn't seem to be bothering him because he acts normal and I just gave him 2 mealworms and he's chewing one just fine as I type this, so I don't think it's anything to worry about. This is my second scorpion, my other one is a flat rock (he's the one currently in my avatar).

That picture was really hard to get because I had just put him in his new tank and he wouldn't hold still. He wanted to climb up the side and explore.

Attachments

Prophet

Arachnosquire
I went to a reptile show 2 days back looking for either a g. pulchra or a. chalcodes, but both were sold out, so I got this emperor scorpion instead! I don't know for sure, but I looked at the pectines and I think it's a male. He's a WC, so I almost didn't buy him, but I figured I might as well since emperors are hard to find now. After I got him I noticed that his right mandible is kinda swollen, but it doesn't seem to be bothering him because he acts normal and I just gave him 2 mealworms and he's chewing one just fine as I type this, so I don't think it's anything to worry about. This is my second scorpion, my other one is a flat rock (he's the one currently in my avatar).

That picture was really hard to get because I had just put him in his new tank and he wouldn't hold still. He wanted to climb up the side and explore.
Nice, I love the emperors, they just look so menacing. I also just recently went to a show looking for some new ones last Saturday. There was a super shady guy there who actually tried to sell me 2 of them for a hundred dollars each. He said he just came down from 500 and sold out of all those. I just started laughing and walked off. I did manage to pick up a nice flat rock from a guy on behalf of S & S Exotics. Never had any dealings but scorpion looks nice, big and healthy as well as some asian forests.

Thomas Murphy

Arachnopeon
IMG_2620.JPG
Hottentotta flavidulus (Sling)
IMG_2621.JPG
Leiurus haenggii, Deathstalker Scorpion (Sling)
IMG_2622.JPG
Leiurus jordanensis, Jordanian/Black Deathstalker Scorpion (Sling)
IMG_2627.JPG
Centruroides gracilis, Florida Bark Scorpion
IMG_2639.JPG
Centruroides sculpturatus, Arizona Bark Scorpion
IMG_2777.JPG
Paravaejovis spinigerus, Strip Tailed Scorpion