Scorpion Picture Thread

ShredderEmp

Arachnoprince
This happened recently to my younger female, Sehoy:

She is now a 7th instar female. I love Centruroides gracilis.

Alltheworld601

Arachnoangel
Here's a couple of my guys, some are new since the last time I posted here.

I also got a C. gracilis that I gave too awesome of an enclosure and he refuses to show himself. So no pictures of that guy. But man is he gorgeous. Pictures don't do them justice. They really are the most beautiful scorpion I've ever seen once I saw one in person. So go figure that he won't let me take his picture.

Start with one of my baby imperator, because no matter how common these guys are, I can't be without THE hobby classics. And they're adorable and funny.
_IGP2792 by alltheworldinonegirl, on Flickr

This is my Superstitionia donensis obvious female who I checked on to see if she was still ridiculously gravid, and the poor girl is indeed still ridiculously gravid. I have never felt so sorry for a scorpion in my life, that's gotta be uncomfortable.
_IGP2793 by alltheworldinonegirl, on Flickr

_IGP2796 by alltheworldinonegirl, on Flickr

I just got an Opisthacanthus cf madagascariensis and s/he is seriously the most laid back little scorpion I've ever seen in my life. I don't handle my bugs but I would totally pick her up if I did. SO sweet.
_IGP2817 by alltheworldinonegirl, on Flickr

_IGP2822 by alltheworldinonegirl, on Flickr

My dorky little Anuroctonus phaiodactylus. He thinks he's scary, but he seems to have no idea how to use a stinger. He's got a super fancy condo with all sorts of hidey places and as close as I could get to his natural habitat. But instead he decided to live under the water dish. Sometimes he comes out and stands on his head.
_IGP2828 by alltheworldinonegirl, on Flickr

_IGP2831 by alltheworldinonegirl, on Flickr

Aaand my B. jacksoni molted again recently and is getting more and more bada$$ every time. He has the best feeding response ever which is probably why he's fatter than he should be. Spears falling food in mid-air with his tail, then grabs it off and rips it in half like some crazy hulked out gladiator. I laugh so hard every time, while secretly being glad I'm not on the end of that tail, because its actually pretty horrifying.
_IGP2745 by alltheworldinonegirl, on Flickr

kellysaxez

Arachnosquire
My scorpion forest

Klaus and Zena :) They love to hide in their logs. And I finally figured out how to keep the humidity up. Wet towel over a third of the 15 long tank. Better than spritzing and way better than dumping water onto the substrate and stressing them out :) I'll work on a false bottom soon though :)

scorpforest.jpg

kellysaxez

Arachnosquire
My Klaus

He's probably checking to make sure the humidity and temp are good for his wifey, Xena :)

tailstand.jpg

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It's a monster!

thought my Hottentotta alticola were adult... GUESS NOT
its absolutely huge! probably 8-9cm in length

Last edited:

Adiowns

Arachnopeon
New scorpion just arrived yesterday, a hadrurus spadix named queen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desert scorps

Arachnobaron
Where did you get that desert hairy? I have been looking for an adult to buy because I have a 3rd or 4th instar and it might
Die moulting so if you could tell me where you got him that would be awesome

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Bad news from my Euscorpiops karschi, only one baby from this female! :(
Unsure whether this was through cannibalism or other reasons as i don't check on them regularly enough
I do however have another, much fatter gravid female, fingers crossed!

TLover007

Arachnosquire
My new Emperor Scorp. A little bit fat but still very nice looking... dont think its in pre molt do you?

---------- Post added 06-19-2014 at 01:51 PM ----------

Bad news from my Euscorpiops karschi, only one baby from this female! :(
Unsure whether this was through cannibalism or other reasons as i don't check on them regularly enough
I do however have another, much fatter gravid female, fingers crossed!

beter than nothing... and atleast its super beautifull... congrats :)

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
some more pics of my same species

Euscorpiops karschi with 2nd instar baby

Hottentotta alticola with prey

Heterometrus bengalensis group

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
WOOP!

My other female had a really nice brood!
I know this genus is less exciting than others, but its rare in the hobby and they are difficult to care for!
Still my favourite scorpion family! (Euscorpiidae)

Funny to note, the babies from this female are a lot darker than my other female (almost totally white)

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
More moults!

Scorpio maurus palmatus, now adult

Hottentotta buchariensis subadult (regenerating moveable finger!)

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Anuroctonus ???

Unknown anuroctonus species, much darker in appearance than the photo suggests. More slender, and gracile than 'true' pococki.. Bristles on her chelicerae are minute, chelicerae are narrow, much less robust than the true 'pococki' specimens im used to. Refuses to burrow, found in moist riparian habitat. Hates dryness, very uncharacteristic of this genus! I attempted to transfer her to an old anuroctonus enclosure with a pre-made burrow, she reacted negatively to the substrate, running all over the place o_O

Im unsure what to think. Simply a different phenotype? Or a species that prefers riparian and soft soil over chaparral and clay? (would explain the weaker chelicerae)