Scorpion Picture Thread

KDiiX

Arachnobaron
Some decent pictures of my Lychas mucronatus, Wu:

Scorpions may original come out of the seas but that doesn't mean they need to be housed in a swimming pool with a piece of wood in it. That's extremely too much moisture/water. You honestly have to be much more careful when you mist. Especially becuase you said not long age you think you already killed a scorpions by "overmisting". If all your boxes look like that after misting its just a matter of time that one after the will die.

Btw moltings in groups is absolutely common. The weather is a big factor to trigger a molting. A scorpion can wait with the molting until all conditions fits enough to have a good chance for successful molt. The weather seems to be one of the most important factors after feeding and temperature. Often scorpion keepers have noticed (especially in summer) that scorpions will molt after a dry period before or while a storm started and weather changed from "good" to "bad".

ShredderEmp

Arachnoprince
It only looks like that because the coco fiber had not absorbed it yet. I literally just misted it before placing her back in. Thanks for the the advice though, as she is my pride and joy.

As for the group moltings, would that still apply even if they are in different deli cups?

KDiiX

Arachnobaron
Of course its no matter in which deli cup they are. They changes in air pressure haven't only effect on one deli cup.

Aquila

Arachnopeon
Would not it be great if it made Genus Index with genus threads such as tarantulas? I guess there are already enough people with rich collections that can fill the topics. I also would help with the pictures.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
I had estimated that I only had a few scorplings unaccounted for, and that turned out to be wrong, as there were six left, they all ventured out of the burrow. Mom was in a good mood, so i decided to let her crawl onto my hand..

Kinda like a really bad-tempered emperor scorpion, she's quick to sting, even when calm. Hasn't envenomated me, yet. each poke was dry. She was aiming more for mechanical pain. lol

..which is actually pretty messed up

kellakk said:
Hey, she's the one that stung me when i caught her, right? I guess scorpions do have personalities!
Yes she is, and yes they do.

Last edited:

kellakk

Arachnosquire
Hey, she's the one that stung me when I caught her, right? I guess scorpions do have personalities!

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Nice pics guys, didn't know the Anuroctonus got so big!
Theyre available in the UK at the moment, but can't justify another shelf for keeping scorpions :( first world problems

Some new pics of my few species!

Hottentotta alticola 5th Instar

H.saulyci 4th instar with a cricket cigar :p

4th Instar Heterometrus bengalensis with his sausage friends

Euscorpiops karschi female (male behind).. 1 year after i observed mating, still no sign of birthing any time soon! very fastidious species it seems! combined perhaps with long gestation :( fingers crossed for babies!

2nscorpx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The species you keep are so diverse! It's not fair! Do you have a list of the species you keep (or maybe I shouldn't know so that I'll continue to be surprised when you post pictures)? Love the H. alticola!

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Im going to be a dissapointment then!
only got H.alticola H.saulyci H.buchariensis, Het bengalensis, Het phipsoni, Scorpio maurus and Euscorpiops karshi / Euscorpius carpathicus corsicanus!

If i had more space and money... list would be a lot bigger, I think its the same situation with most scorpion keepers :D

Ladislav Vasil

Arachnopeon
Some pics :)

Heterometrus cyaneus

Import from 2012

Babycurus jacksoni

Tityus ecuadorensis

Hottentotta trilineata

Hadogenes paucidens

Parabuthus transvaalicus

Tityus magnimanus

Euscorpius italicus

Ladislav Vasil

Arachnopeon
Opistophthalmus boehmi 0.1; adult

Mesobuthus cyprius 0.1; adult

Euscorpius tergestinus 1.0; adult

Parabuthus transvaalicus 1.0; 6th instar

Hottentotta trilineata 0.1; adult - gravid

Grosphus flavopiceus 0.0.1; 3rd instar

Babycurus jacksoni 0.1?; 6th instar

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Beautiful shot Jacqueline!! :)

I should get one of these, so pretty!

I found a couple of tiny spiders and made two posts in the True Spiders forum if you'd like a look.