Scorpion Picture Thread

venomglide

Arachnopeon
Hello,

I might be mistaken but the second picture looks more like a deathstalker, Leiurus quinquestriatus. If it is then you had better be wary as it can be potentially deadly, unlike a Centruroides exilicauda.

Hello Sir,

Thanks for that.. the second one has a long slender tail. I've observe it every time it runs around . I don't dare to handle anything the is "scorpion" :D

Thanks again. I will be much cautious with it then.

Cheers

Evilmorgan

Arachnopeon
Hello Sir,

Thanks for that.. the second one has a long slender tail. I've observe it every time it runs around . I don't dare to handle anything the is "scorpion" :D

Thanks again. I will be much cautious with it then.

Cheers
Hi, The 2nd scorp looks like Mesobuthus martensi to me but im far from an expert in scorpion identification :}

Roy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi Morgan,

I think you're quite right. I jumped to the LQ conclusion too soon right after seeing the black metasomal segment. LQs are usually more yellow and skinny looking-I had thought it might be in pre-molt or something, but it didn't look right.

I stand corrected. :)

venomglide

Arachnopeon
One of our locals

Hello,

This is one of our local here in Philippines. I don't know what is its scientific name. My cousin caught this in his dress cabinet and gave to me since he knew i have a pet scorpion.

Hope you like it. It doesn't eat the grasshopper i gave. What do you suggest?

Attachments

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Figured people might like this since you don't see too many of them in the hobby.

Centruroides elegans. Unfortunately I just got the one male that hitched a ride in someone's luggage.

Cheers,
Dave

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Figured people might like this since you don't see too many of them in the hobby.

Centruroides elegans. Unfortunately I just got the one male that hitched a ride in someone's luggage.

Cheers,
Dave
Would that have been your luggage dave? oldest trick in the book haha! (yes im joking! :))

Beautiful scorp!

mobster

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Heterometrus longimanus

Hottentota Hottentota

Centruroides gracilis 2i cuban morph

Rhopalurus junceus 2i

mobster

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Centruroides nitidus 2i

Lychas Infuscatus with 2i babies

Parabuthus transvaalicus

Jarekk

Arachnopeon
Rhopalurus princeps subadult

Rhopalurus garridoi subadult

Tityus cf. ocelote subadult

Tityus bastosi subadult

telow

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello,

This is one of our local here in Philippines. I don't know what is its scientific name. My cousin caught this in his dress cabinet and gave to me since he knew i have a pet scorpion.

Hope you like it. It doesn't eat the grasshopper i gave. What do you suggest?

that would be an adult male isometrus maculatus :drool:
thats a very neat little species

telow

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

Cheers,
Dave
thats nice i still want to get some of those :drool:

ScorpDude

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Had some fun with a UV light and a Hottentotta judaicus :)

The two close ups are just cropped in from another image, I love the detail UV manages to capture.

All images are owned by Daniel Maney ;)