Salticidae (Jumping Spider) Picture Thread

Jumper

Arachnosquire
I just got my first jumping spider! Platycryptus undatus I think. However, I can’t seem to find any guides for keeping them. Anyone know how? Or a different thread that can do so?

Here she (probably she) is!
Nicole C G,

Look up P.audax husbandry/keeping. They are similar to that species.

-Jumper

Jumper

Arachnosquire
Again, we're sorry for the crappy i-phone pic

Odin, in his brand new uniform (Recently molted 07-06-2021).
The young fella was super thirsty and hungry.
We originally thought, this was his last molt to maturity
Boy we are wrong: He's got a lot more growing to do.
He's going to be a a big boy!
Last pic is a pic of Lorelie.
We are planning to pair him with Lorelie in the September.

-Jumper

Attachments

Elsa our Plexippus Paykulli.
She's super quick.
Again sorry for the crappy i-phone pics.

-Jumper

Attachments

Last edited:

Buggylookslikeyou

Arachnosquire
My two fallen angels. The top one passed away July 5th and then July 6th the second one. The top one is Buggie. The P audax male that stole my families hearts his passing destroyed us. He was a literal angel always wanted to come out and play always silly he was our little derp. We learned so much through him and he loved us especially my daughter who before him was deathly afraid of spiders especially. He’s the first spider any of us has willingly crawl on us and he became part of our family and lives in our hearts forever. He was wild caught. I came out for a cig and there he was on our porch chair. I went grabbed my daughters dollar store bug bottle and he jumped right in. After learning that the ants that kept crawling in his temporary home and that we fed him were for now obvious reasons potentially deadly to him we moved him into his zilla enclosure. He strictly only ate fruit flies as anything else we ever put in front of him sent him running in terror. Hence him being our little derp. We had him since March and witnessed him molt which was one of the most incredible and scary (because we thought he blew up when he shed his old skin) . His life was to short he was acting weird for days and when he would come out for daily play time he wasn’t fast anymore or able to stick to anything. He stayed at the bottom of his enclosure hanging out under his bridge. When we found him days later he was curled on his favorite fake succulant plant. The next day and the second picture I posted buttercup who was a sling we found on a walk a month or so before and was a zebra jumper passed as well same death curl. Since we found her she rarely ate and had trouble climbing but we loved her just the same. Both little angels touched our lives and we will forever love.

Attachments

Buggylookslikeyou

Arachnosquire
Hello, I’m new here and I really want to see what kinds of jumping spiders people are keeping, Here are photos of 3 of mine
Phidippus Audax, a mystery Phidippus species, and a humongous colonus hesperus, he has molted since the picture was taken and now looks a lot different. View attachment 344470 View attachment 344471 View attachment 344473 It doesn’t matter if it was captive bred or wild caught I just want to see them all!:D
Life hack google lens any jumper it comes up … you have a bold jumper

Attachments

chibicricket

Arachnopeon
The first picture is a bold jumper (I think?) my 3 yr old daughter found out by our pool. That's the best picture I got of him. Then I have two phiddipus regius slings, 2nd picture is of one of them because it's the bigger of the 2 and I'm just using a Samsung Galaxy camera. Then lastly, is Eevie, my adult phiddipus regius. I absolutely adore her. Jumping spiders are quite possibly the most adorable things ever!

Attachments

Buggylookslikeyou

Arachnosquire
The first picture is a bold jumper (I think?) my 3 yr old daughter found out by our pool. That's the best picture I got of him. Then I have two phiddipus regius slings, 2nd picture is of one of them because it's the bigger of the 2 and I'm just using a Samsung Galaxy camera. Then lastly, is Eevie, my adult phiddipus regius. I absolutely adore her. Jumping spiders are quite possibly the most adorable things ever!
Love the names and the spoods ! Jumpers changed our lives my daughter was deathly afraid of all arachnids and bugs now she loves them they are family also nice zilla enclosure lmao I have three. Two better home and garden lock tite containers fashioned into enclosures and 15 deli cups with slings from my gravid wild caught all p audax and two emerald jumpers one male little derp and a female that may be molting

chibicricket

Arachnopeon
Love the names and the spoods ! Jumpers changed our lives my daughter was deathly afraid of all arachnids and bugs now she loves them they are family also nice zilla enclosure lmao I have three. Two better home and garden lock tite containers fashioned into enclosures and 15 deli cups with slings from my gravid wild caught all p audax and two emerald jumpers one male little derp and a female that may be molting
I love the Zilla enclosures, they come in the perfect sizes and I can get them for $20-30 each. I have my mantises in them too. For the slings, I use little plastic boxes with holes in them, then when they get big enough, I'll upgrade them. I have Eevie, Cloud and Bandit. Bandit is my runner. As soon as the other two get bigger, I'll take pictures.

regalpaws

Arachnoknight
Screenshot_20220311-234634.png IMG_20220507_135736090.jpg IMG_20220506_173435567.jpg IMG_20220423_075927965.jpg IMG_20220509_094926549.jpg

Here are a few of my babies! I mainly keep P. regius females but I have a Platycryptus undatus female, she is very mischievous lol.

Also where are people finding otiosus jumpers??

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Dusted off the macro equipment and was able to grab a shot:

Juvenile Phidippus audax 7mm DLS
Minneapolis, MN

Last edited: