Sacmate LP slings but different behavior/health (w/ pics)

Unravel

Arachnosquire
These are really the first slings im seeing grow up, i bought them in a show from a reputable dealer and both of em are LPs

I've had em for 2-3 weeks

One is healthy, eats everything, has molted once in my car, is active and even differently colored (here he is):

Now this one is missing the black patch on the abdomen, just some weird black lines, is not very active and has refused food ever since i got it. The enclosure for it is SLIGHTLY bigger but i dont think that's really an issue.

What could be the problem? or am i just paranoid?

TY :worship:

Lolita

Arachnoknight
i have 3 sack mate Lp's and when one of mine did that it seemed to be in earlier pre-molt before it darkened it could be missing it's patch from kicking too mine are kicky little guys

Dravensmom

Arachnosquire
I was wondering the same thing. I have the same different looking lps. The tanner on is half the size of the one with a darker patch.

Joanie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That dark patch is the urticating hairs. The little guy with the stripey butt has just kicked most of his hairs off already. He'll get a nice new dark patch under the skin when he's in pre-molt, and then will have fresh urticating hairs after a molt.

The behavior is probably just an individual thing. Even sac-mates don't always act the same. I have four C. ritae slings that are sac-mates, and one jumps out of his enclosure and tries to take off at least once a week, and the others never do that. I figure he's just the "special" one. :rolleyes: