Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

S. hardwickei eggs (again)

Discussion in 'Myriapods' started by Draiman, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Draiman

Draiman Arachnoking

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  2. ophiophagus

ophiophagus Arachnosquire Old Timer

Awesome awesome awesome!!!! High five for you man. Great job and I really hope they are fertile and hatch. I really really want one of these but if I remember correctly you are not in the US. What a bummer

3. Draiman

Draiman Arachnoking

Cheers. Yeah, I'm not, but if successful I'll put the pedelings up for sale here anyway. :)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  4. beetleman

beetleman Arachnoking Old Timer

congrats! hope they are good eggs:) yeah i would love to some aswell,such an awesome pede

5. Great photo, of a beautiful pede. Congrats on the clutch.

6. Hornets inverts

Hornets inverts Arachnobaron

good work mate, are hardwickei paticulary hard to raise or is it more just pedes in general?

7. Galapoheros

Galapoheros ArachnoGod Old Timer

Alright!, good luck with them!

8. Draiman

Draiman Arachnoking

Actually in my experience S. hardwickei has been by far the easiest species to maintain in captivity, even more so than S. subspinipes. But yes, I would say centipedes in general are, in many ways, more difficult to keep than tarantulas.

9. richoman3

richoman3 Arachnosquire

absolutely stunning!!!
    good luck with raising the bubs!

10. Hendersoniana

Hendersoniana Arachnoangel

NL
    She is so beautiful! All the best :)!

11. fartbreath

fartbreath Arachnopeon

She's looking fine. Great job!

12. Draiman

Draiman Arachnoking

Thanks for commenting everyone. I'll post updates in this thread as they come along, over the next couple of months.

13. dactylus

dactylus Arachnobaron Old Timer

Gorgeous creature. Good luck!!

:happy:

14. KyuZo

KyuZo Arachnoprince Old Timer

Great job, Gavin. hopefully everything will go well and we'll look forward to see them in market soon. i'm guessing somewhere this late december to early January.

15. Androctonus_bic

Androctonus_bic Arachnoprince Old Timer

Yes totally agree withthis opinion.

In other hand, very nice picture and have a good luck with it.

How is it doing now?

Cheers
    Carles

16. zonbonzovi

zonbonzovi Creeping beneath you Staff Member

Excellent! I'm assuming she wasn't mated again? Gotta love sperm retention. I'll bet you hang on to more plings this time, haha.

17. KyuZo

KyuZo Arachnoprince Old Timer

i think that you missed the thread where he posted a video of the courtship, but yeah, this female was paired up with a male.

18. zonbonzovi

zonbonzovi Creeping beneath you Staff Member

Ah, OK. Forgot about that. I was thinking it was a carryover from the last mating.

19. Draiman

Draiman Arachnoking

Yeah, I think I will. But no this isn't the same female as the one that gave me a clutch last year; this is one half of a pair I mated in September:

[YOUTUBE]OVsrrsX50yA[/YOUTUBE]

Anyway, just an update: today makes it 7 days since I discovered her on eggs (certainly longer since she laid them, probably 10 days) and mommy's still going strong. Not going to jump to any hasty conclusions though.

20. Can't wait until these guys are ready, absolutely the most stunning species of pede in my personal opinion, though there are many others that are quite gorgeous.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.