rehouseing a gbb and p.metillaca both are little over 2''

Dennis Cureton

Arachnopeon
ok so i have a question is it ok for me and my ts to go ahead and be rehoused in their big enclosures i have a exo terra 12x12x12 for my gbb i got when he/she was 1/2 '' now has molted about 3 times and is a tad bigger than 2'' and i have a 12x12x18 zoomed for my p.metillica same on the pokie got he /she about 1/2'' now molted 4 times and is starting to see the blue and yellow adult colors will they be safe to go ahead and rehouse from their deli cups into their nice enclosures thanks in advanced

cold blood

Staff member
exo terras are for arboreals, choose a different enclosure for the GBB.

I'd keep the P. met in a 32 oz deli cup till about 3".

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
That enclosure would be massive for a 2" P. metallica. It goes beyond unneeded space - since it was designed for larger animals, I'd be afraid that it could find a small crack and escape. Stick to what cold blood said.

Also, for the Exoterra, you'll need to replace the screen top. Tarantulas can easily chew through that.

Dennis Cureton

Arachnopeon
ok so i have a question is it ok for me and my ts to go ahead and be rehoused in their big enclosures i have a exo terra 12x12x12 for my gbb i got when he/she was 1/2 '' now has molted about 3 times and is a tad bigger than 2'' and i have a 12x12x18 zoomed for my p.metillica same on the pokie got he /she about 1/2'' now molted 4 times and is starting to see the blue and yellow adult colors will they be safe to go ahead and rehouse from their deli cups into their nice enclosures thanks in advanced
20160718_151629[1].jpg
???? What are you asking?
if they would be ok to rehouse into their permanent enclosures or are they too small

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
i was told that a 12x12x12 would be fine for the gbb and 12x12x18 for my pokie
Unfortunately, you were lied to. C. cyaneopubescens is a terrestrial - it needs less than half of that height. A fall from that high up could kill your spider. As for your pokie, yeah, that's a fine enclosure for a full grown adult.

Dennis Cureton

Arachnopeon
That enclosure would be massive for a 2" P. metallica. It goes beyond unneeded space - since it was designed for larger animals, I'd be afraid that it could find a small crack and escape. Stick to what cold blood said.

Also, for the Exoterra, you'll need to replace the screen top. Tarantulas can easily chew through that.
i did i put plexeglass and drilled hole like my b smiti you can see in the pic i know they can get there feet hung in it and fall

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Don't forget the most important thing: to exchange with your wife/lady/fiance/those you care... the medals/symbols of your love. Rehousing a 'GBB' and a P.metallica, Jesus Christ, is a life threatening issue! Only few managed to perform such a thing, and those are still today, praised at a bonfire like Heroes! For that they are Legend.

Good luck!

:troll:

Dennis Cureton

Arachnopeon
Unfortunately, you were lied to. C. cyaneopubescens is a terrestrial - it needs less than half of that height. A fall from that high up could kill your spider. As for your pokie, yeah, that's a fine enclosure for a full grown adult.
ok so how big would you recommend on rehousing my pokie into the 12x12x18

cold blood

Staff member
i was told that a 12x12x12 would be fine for the gbb and 12x12x18 for my pokie
The size is indeed just fine, but the front opening doors will prevent you from being able to add a sufficient amount of substrate, which is why those exo terras are an arboreal enclosure and not suited for terrestrials.. If you find a top opening enclosure of that same size, it would be just fine.

Same goes for that B. smithi.

I'd also add a much larger water dish and put it on the floor.

Dennis Cureton

Arachnopeon
The size is indeed just fine, but the front opening doors will prevent you from being able to add a sufficient amount of substrate, which is why those exo terras are an arboreal enclosure and not suited for terrestrials.. If you find a top opening enclosure of that same size, it would be just fine.

Same goes for that B. smithi.
ok thank you for your reply i wish i could find glass enclosures thats why i got the exoterras do you know any good places to get better enclosures for my ts that is glass

cold blood

Staff member
ok thank you for your reply i wish i could find glass enclosures thats why i got the exoterras do you know any good places to get better enclosures for my ts that is glass
Couldn't tell you, I use sterilite, so I can afford to buy more ts.

40 ts housed in acrylic or exo terras would cost about the same as 200 ts housed in sterilite.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer