Question: How do you spell tarantula?

ThisMeansWAR

Arachnosquire
lol :rofl: like expecting a "see my Diploma, three Degree, amazing Master and my eco-veggie tasty soup" Vermont choosy man to act like the most badass, not politically correct, "Remember Alamo!" Texan or David Duke.
I don't understand a single thing but I love it. Hilarious :)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Vogelspinne in Deutsch.
Such memories: Vogelspinnen :kiss: oh my lovely, dear, eight legged, hissing Vogelspinnen! :kiss:

That's why when back then I'd loved to reach old good Cermania where lives Teteschi di Cermania like Marbach Vogelspinnen fair, I was always an authentic 100% Vogelspinnen-Mariuolo :)

Ah, good moments! To the point that I have to (re)watch my Frau Angela (Merkel) naked pics now u_u

Germany! Lombardy-Venetia + Kraut Power! Jawohl! :bookworm:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I don't understand a single thing but I love it. Hilarious :)
Me too my man from Hyperborea Viking land of Norway. Me too, my man :kiss:

The only thing I know is that I want to see ghosts and spirits with sexy Princess Märtha Louise... oh a man can dream, a man can dream! :angelic:

Blood Eagle! Norway!

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod

ThisMeansWAR

Arachnosquire
No, it is often misspelled as tarantell or tarantella in Norwegian, probably due to English influence. The correct word is fugleedderkopp(er). Tarantella in Norwegian actually refers to one of two things: a) Lycosa tarantula, a wolf spider found in Southern Italy or b) a dance.
Well I'll be darned. I have never even heard the expression "fugleedderkopp". But neither has the dictionary.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
Well I'll be darned. I have never even heard the expression "fugleedderkopp". But neither has the dictionary.
Well, as I said, I use the incorrect word "tarantell" as well for convenience. In fact, most do, but it does not change the fact that it is incorrect. It´s just a very common mistake :p

You won´t find the word "fugleedderkopp" in the online version of the Dokpro dictionary. The reason is that only the words from the letter "i" to the letter "å" is completely available online. It´s a strange story. The University of Oslo pulled out of the project back in July 2015 and the 19 employees in charge of making the whole thing available on the internet got sacked. At that time the first four volumes were not yet made digital. Now The University of Bergen hosts the site, but no fresh work has been done. (https://www.tek.no/artikler/over-og-ut-for-norsk-ordbok-pa-nett/161815 )

If you search for "tarantell" on SNL (Store norske leksikon) or the Norwegian version of Wikipedia however, you will be led to the articles about "fugleedderkopper":

https://snl.no/tarantell

https://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fugleedderkopper

Ah ah ah I laugh because you guys are both from Norway :)
Hahaha, yes, put two Norwegians in the same room (or in this case on the same forum) and they can´t even decide what the Norwegian word for Theraphosidae is :bag:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Hahaha, yes, put two Norwegians in the same room (or in this case on the same forum) and they can´t even decide what the Norwegian word for Theraphosidae is :bag:
Norwegians on my book were always 'cool' no matter since John Carpenter 'The Thing' (1982) movie. Shoot that damn dog! :)

Ah ah :-s

user 666

Arachnobaron
Norwegians on my book were always 'cool' no matter since John Carpenter 'The Thing' (1982) movie. Shoot that damn dog! :)

Ah ah :-s
Well of course - that is the homeland of the Norwegian blue parrot, after all.