Question about mites and feeding.

Sheazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So my little avic molted about 3 days ago, and I cannot see a single mite on it anywhere. That isn't to say there isn't, but I can't see any. My main question is this...

Do mites usually always gather at the chelicerae? I have not seen any on or around since the molt. I am hoping I got her out quick enough that none transferred, but dont want to jump the gun and feed her just to have them spawn again. She ate 11 crickets (5 pinheads/6 small) a week or so before molting. I dont think she is hungry...so could hold off if I need to. Is there any easy way to see them (like a blacklight technique) or something so I can be sure...or should I just keep her dry and offer water every two days like I have been? I have been taking a bunch of photos and zooming to check for mites on the carapace, leg joints, and chelicerae like I mentioned...no luck finding any yet. How long could my little 1" avic fast after a molt? I dont wanna starve her...but I really DONT want the mites to come back. Thanks for any input guys/gals.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
just keep an eye on her butt

as long as it is smooth looking it will be fine with water. once it starts looking raisiny feed her