Pyxie frog pictures

nickbachman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
love to see everyone's pyxies, feel free to post yours, but it's not a requirement. i was going to get my pyxie, Borchmore, out and take some pics of him, but he was trying to eat me when i was standing 3 feet away, so i decided i should probably stay away from his mouth. here are the pics i did get, before and after he lept at me with his mouth open and tongue out.
edit: btw, that's his temporary home while i wait for our basement (his normal dwelling) to warm up.

Last edited:

Sof

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
lol hes so fat. i can't wait to get mine.

Pimperator

Arachnopeon
Sweet frog Nick. If I had a cam that didn't suck so much I'd get some pics up of my little critter. How long have you had yours?

eelnoob

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great pics

The other night I showed some of Borchmore's videos to a few buddies of mines. They were like wow, never knew frogs eat anything else besides flies{D .

eelnoob

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
here's old pic from a few weeks ago, will have to take new pics soon

can't properly sexed yet but I'm hoping this one will turn out to be male, as you can see the yellow/orange around where the arm joins the body.

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
cool! I hope it turns out to be a male for you as well! my little one was in an aquatic type setup for a while and it actually started croaking.. maybe it thought it was mating season lol I couldnt figure it out though cause I thought it was too small to croak.

eelnoob

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Load Warning!!!!

update, just took these lastnight

These first set of pics are of the larger Pixie(same frog as above)

this last shot it was swallowing cricket

here are pics of my smaller Pixie, this one likes to burry itself most of the time

dirty water:8o was changed after photo shoot:D

cricket sneaking by {D

like this one, shows the tongue

mmmmmmmm

Lestat_tnt

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here are some recent pictures of one of my Pyxies.
Here he is bathing hungrily

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
awesome frogs, i havent seen them in uk, not that i have looked but i will from now

Acal57

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
soon as my little guy re emerges Ill get some pics, he's new and I don't want to stress him anymore than I have to.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Are these easy to care for? Like pacman frogs?

Where can I buy some?

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
they are easier than Horned Frogs.. less concern for feeding them and such.. they are more active and better hunters with amazing appetites. as for where you can get them you would have to ask pet stores in your area or order one from an amphibian dealer online. defiantely my favorite frog though. and I have two Ceratophrines. one cranwelli and one ornata. very fun.. with LOADS of attitude :D it will eat anything (or try to) that moves near it.

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
some places say the do but no.. apparently only reptiles need it not amphibians. I dont have it for mine and they are quite happy.

eelnoob

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Lestat_tnt great looking frog, how big it is? How long have you had it? At what size did it start developing the yellow on it's underside? Sorry for asking so much questions:eek:

Looks like it's time to get a new waterdish{D

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
right on man!! so did you see my response that your Horned frog is a cranwells? you are hooked on the frogs now too huh? lol Pyxies are awesome.