Pyxie frog pictures

CopperInMyVeins

Arachnolord
Old Timer
My frog, Ping Pong, when I fist got him.

Finishing a meal.

A few weeks ago.

Also here's a huge male and female pair from a reptile expo, that male must have been at least 3 lbs, and the pair was $350.

CopperInMyVeins

Arachnolord
Old Timer
great pics! but is that male female or P.adspersus and P.edulis??
That's what I was thinking, because if they're both P. adspersus, then every other adult I've seen has been a male, but I've had other people tell me that's the typical female appearance. They were also being sold as an adult pair. Maybe someone who breeds them can clarify the female appearance for us.

nickbachman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
that's definitely a P. adspersus pair. i need to get a male, that's all there is to it. i cannot be satisfied with a female (as ravenous as she may be.)

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
man no wonder they say the female can get eaten!! holy crap.. and "she" is a good example then that femlaes can show lots of yellow on the throat as well ooo 1111th post.

eelnoob

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
wow four pixies:drool:

the one in pic #4 and 5 looks enormous....heck they all look huge lol

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow Lestat, those first 3 shots look just like my Pyxie. Forgive me, but how old is that one? Is it the same one thats in the 4th and 5th pics? Or are those 3 different frogs?
I've had my pyxie for 6 months and he looks nearly identical to the first few shots. He was only 2.5 inches...I hope that's indicative of it being a "he".

Lestat_tnt

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow Lestat, those first 3 shots look just like my Pyxie. Forgive me, but how old is that one? Is it the same one thats in the 4th and 5th pics? Or are those 3 different frogs?
I've had my pyxie for 6 months and he looks nearly identical to the first few shots. He was only 2.5 inches...I hope that's indicative of it being a "he".
Those pictures are only of two of my frogs. The 4th and 5th picture is of my 2 year old pixie frog, I think its a female.

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

He's been croaking more often lately. Primarily at night. He's right at 6 inches snout to vent. He's my favorite fatbody.

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
WOW!! that is one big fatty! couple months and I should have mine up to that size as well hopefully.. mine was croaking last night.. getting more frequent now.