Purchased my 1st new T this afternoon!!

doodledog

Arachnopeon
Just had to say that I finally purchased my 1st new T this afternoon!! I am 100% exhausted after putting in so much time and dedication into my research before I bought (including, but not limited to researching breeders/dealers/sellers)....it was well worth the investment on my part I think, as I feel I have made a great choice with the B. Albo. and the dealer I purchased her from. Will keep everyone updated!!

Thanx to everyone on here for all your input and for sharing your experiences good and bad.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Congratulations on your purchase. You won't regret that you researched it. You will thank yourself after you start caring for it and realize that have a jump start over the average buyer.

Leila

Arachnobaron
Yep. Brachypelma albopilosums are fantastic! This is a picture of my girl, Zoe. :)
(You can't tell, but Zo has a freshly caught cricket in her mouth, lol)

Please share some photos of your new T with us!!! :embarrassed: 20170411_222924-01.jpeg

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Great choice for a first tarantula, B. Albopilosum was my first tarantula as well.

PolarisTR

Arachnopeon
Be warned. I joined the hobby last year with the thought of just having one T (I got a B Smithi). A year later and I've just bought a second T (G. Pulchra) and about to buy a third!!

Curlyhairs are a great first T, you definitely will not be disappointed. :)

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Be warned. I joined the hobby last year with the thought of just having one T (I got a B Smithi). A year later and I've just bought a second T (G. Pulchra) and about to buy a third!!

Curlyhairs are a great first T, you definitely will not be disappointed. :)
It took you a YEAR to get your next spider? You must have ironclad willpower :eek:
:D

nburgmei

Arachnopeon
It took you a YEAR to get your next spider? You must have ironclad willpower :eek:
:D
It's interesting how it works. I got back into the hobby in 2015. I bought an adult female LP. I took my time, waited 8-10 months and then bought an adult female Aphonopelma chalcodes. That was some time early 2016. Now it's early 2017...and I have 18. It's ridiculous.

Madmomgamer

Arachnopeon
Just had to say that I finally purchased my 1st new T this afternoon!! I am 100% exhausted after putting in so much time and dedication into my research before I bought (including, but not limited to researching breeders/dealers/sellers)....it was well worth the investment on my part I think, as I feel I have made a great choice with the B. Albo. and the dealer I purchased her from. Will keep everyone updated!!

Thanx to everyone on here for all your input and for sharing your experiences good and bad.
Congrats on your new T and welcome to the hobby! I am sure you will do very well in the hobby and if you have any questions just ask us on the forum! :D also we want pictures of your little lady when she gets here ;)

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Everybody has said this somewhat but I am going to be very blunt:

Don't fight the urge to get new additions, just accept it because the more you fight it, the stronger the urge will get. It's like giving up food all together and fighting the urge to eat.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Don't fight the urge to get new additions, just accept it because the more you fight it, the stronger the urge will get.
agreed, tried not to buy spiders for a few months, and now im placing an order for 7 more..
woulda been cheaper if i bought one or two instead of fighting it..