Pulchra having odd problems

cold blood

Staff member
its plump, i wouldnt worry about a slurry....just making sure it remains hydrated is the best course of action imo.

Izzyloo3

Arachnosquire
its plump, i wouldnt worry about a slurry....just making sure it remains hydrated is the best course of action imo.
I specified "glycerin water" slurry. I am most definitely not concerned about food right now. Haha. I was wondering abhor teething to male an almost laxative for him, as I had read in the other thread that was linked to this one, and in a couple other instances, glycerin being used that way.

Izzyloo3

Arachnosquire
Here he is, currently. His back legs aren't curled curled, they are almost just kind of bent, especially on the right hand side. His left legs ARE curled and tucked under, however they go back and forth vertebrae being tucked and not. His front legs will relax down if there is no stimulus around him, but a soon as there is, his legs will scrunch up, and then he'll slowly relax them down. I took his blab out to clean it, and will be putting it back in.

Attachments

Izzyloo3

Arachnosquire
Wow, those typos. "I was wondering about trying to make..." is how that one sentence SHOULD have read. Sorry guys!

Izzyloo3

Arachnosquire
1. The word slurry implies mashed food. 2. I've never heard of giving a t glycerin to drink...I would personally just stick to water.
Sorry, we use it in the vet clinic often, pertaining to many different things. I had read a couple of instances of that being suggested/given, on both this site and another, so I figured I would ask. I will stick with that for now, however.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
just thinking out loud here, perhaps you had some sort of chemical on your hand before doing maintenance on his cage?

Izzyloo3

Arachnosquire
just thinking out loud here, perhaps you had some sort of chemical on your hand before doing maintenance on his cage?
I don't use ANY chemicals in my home, especially on myself. I am the most hippie of hippies, and all of my personal care and home products are all natural, cruelty free, organic, etc. And when I do cage maintenance or feeding for my exotics (as I also have geckos) I wash my hands before and after. I don't use any chemicals to wash out cages, and I only do major enclosure changes or maintenance yearly, with smaller spot changes every six months. :/ I really cannot think of anything that could be going on, aside from an impaction which seems to be more and more likely. His sac mate, who also ate the same night as this guy did, has about half the size abdomen currently.

Izzyloo3

Arachnosquire
I do appreciate the thought, however. Any ideas or suggestions are welcome, as they might give me a different angle from which to think. :)

Leila

Arachnobaron
This really bums me out. If I were presently in your situation, I'd be an anxious, emotional disaster. I truly hope all turns out well. Your little one certainly is a handsome fella. :shy:Best wishes to you, @Izzyloo3

Last edited:

Izzyloo3

Arachnosquire
This really bums me out. If I were presently in your situation, I'd be an anxious, emotional disaster. I truly hope all turns out well. Your little one certainly is a handsome fella. :shy:Best wishes to you, @Izzyloo3
Oh thank you so much! That's very nice of you to say. I am hoping everyday that he gets better. Fingers crossed!

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
He is the same, unfortunately. I just don't know what to do anymore, but wait it out. If he starts to curl even at all, I'm going to think about putting him down.
Some may not agree with what I'm fixing to say, and that's fine. But I'd personally just let nature runs it's course. T's don't really have the mental capacity to "suffer" so I'd just let whatever is going to happen happen. Hopefully it'll recover. The fact that it's still alive as of now is a positive sign in my opinion.

Just keep an eye on that abdomen. If it starts to shrivel any, try to flip it and drop some water on it's mouth.

Tiefling

Arachnopeon
So Ive read literally everything in this thread and I dont even have a T. Ive got a little cupboard spider (Steatoda Grossa) that doesnt seem to be the least bit fragile. Buuut I feel for ya and I noticed that you noticed Fehu up there. If you are of Germanic decent then start throwing up them runes. Carving wood, clay, or even writing on paper. If its something you care to try... I know the feeling well of a dying beloved pet (fish mostly in my experience) and no veterinary help available just waiting and wondering when they will reach the point where a quick death is better... a quick death that was usually ironically in Tarantula tequila. Very quick and the color is peaceful yet lets them see they are going somewhere else (I fear dying in my sleep or some other way that could lead to me not knowing I am dead). Sounds like this lil guy might pull through to me but I know a lot now I wish I had known when I was younger and had a 20 gallon fish tank full of, what were then, the closest I had to children or even friends. Just PM me if you want something more specific.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
He's still around...tough boy :)
Just keep him warm and dark and give him his water. You're doing everything you can.
I believe @MrsHaas had a Pokie in this state and nursed it as well but I could be mistaken....

Izzyloo3

Arachnosquire
Some may not agree with what I'm fixing to say, and that's fine. But I'd personally just let nature runs it's course. T's don't really have the mental capacity to "suffer" so I'd just let whatever is going to happen happen. Hopefully it'll recover. The fact that it's still alive as of now is a positive sign in my opinion.

Just keep an eye on that abdomen. If it starts to shrivel any, try to flip it and drop some water on it's mouth.
I agree, actually. I guess I more meant if his quality of life was null-- unable to move, wracked wI think spasms, unable to eat, function, etc and stayed that way. I wouldn't be able to watch one of my Ts in such a state.

Izzyloo3

Arachnosquire
Well, all, I just peeked at him a moment ago and he is flipped on his back again. Let's hope for a successful molt, this time. If that is what he's trying to do, and he didn't just spasm his way there and got stuck.... I'm not going to flip him, though. Not for money or otherwise. Haha. I'll keep you guys posted.

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
I agree, actually. I guess I more meant if his quality of life was null-- unable to move, wracked wI think spasms, unable to eat, function, etc and stayed that way. I wouldn't be able to watch one of my Ts in such a state.
Ya, I completely understand. Has anything improved?

EDIT: Looks like we posted at the same time, hopefully he's successful.

Izzyloo3

Arachnosquire
Ya, I completely understand. Has anything improved?
I just posted under the response to you, though you may not have seen it. :) he's flipped on his back currently. I am hoping he meant to do so, and he didn't spasm his way there...