Pulchra having odd problems

Izzyloo3

Arachnosquire
I am still concerned, however, as he is still in a bowed/arched position on his back. :/ I haven't seen a tarantula in that position for molting before. -sigh-

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
I am still concerned, however, as he is still in a bowed/arched position on his back. :/ I haven't seen a tarantula in that position for molting before. -sigh-
Hang in there. I have a bad feeling about the process he's literally stuck in. :(But I could be wrong.
I was wondering if anybody else could have contaminate the little guy.
We're rooting for the baby -- and you. Keep us abreast.

Izzyloo3

Arachnosquire
Hang in there. I have a bad feeling about the process he's literally stuck in. :(But I could be wrong.
I was wondering if anybody else could have contaminate the little guy.
We're rooting for the baby -- and you. Keep us abreast.
Thank you so much! I am hoping for the best, but it is dwindling. I checked on him this morning, and there is no change. :( considering that the only one who lives with me is my boyfriend, who doesn't touch the spiders, I would say it is unlikely. I would consider the handyman of the apartment complex, but then all the rest of mine would be like this, as well. I don't know, I just for SOMETHING happens, whether good or bad. :/

Leila

Arachnobaron
I hope things are going well. Please continue to update us on his condition. :)

Ondottr

Arachnopeon
Man, this thread has been a heartbreaking read... :(
Wishing the best for you and the little guy!

Jason B

Arachnosquire
Yeah I'm sorry for what your going through now, I've only had to go through it one time before and it was shortly after administering a 'flea bath' on a cat, at the time the theory of flea medicine for animals and dks wasn't as well known as it is today, and even though I washed my hands and don't recall doing maintenace or feedings that night its the only thing I was able to really nail down. And I can't even say it was the cat entering the room as the cat actually died in my hands as I was drying it. It was in the days following that ordeal I learned of the horrors of hartz. So I lost two pets from the same poison, and now whenever I even hear of the idea of giving an animal a 'flea bath' I go on a long rant.

Izzyloo3

Arachnosquire
Yeah I'm sorry for what your going through now, I've only had to go through it one time before and it was shortly after administering a 'flea bath' on a cat, at the time the theory of flea medicine for animals and dks wasn't as well known as it is today, and even though I washed my hands and don't recall doing maintenace or feedings that night its the only thing I was able to really nail down. And I can't even say it was the cat entering the room as the cat actually died in my hands as I was drying it. It was in the days following that ordeal I learned of the horrors of hartz. So I lost two pets from the same poison, and now whenever I even hear of the idea of giving an animal a 'flea bath' I go on a long rant.
Oh, God, I am so sorry that you had to go through that. I feel nauseated just thinking about all that. My heart goes out to you. ❤

Izzyloo3

Arachnosquire
Hi all! I know it has been a while, but I figured I would post an update. My spider is still alive! And he also pooped!! However, he is still.... odd. He sits with most of his legs off the ground, and does an odd pulsing motion if disturbed and settling back down. He gets agitated, and will spazz, then relax in pulses. It is very strange. In unsure if it's dks, or if it is the new exo? -sigh- I don't know. :( it is still very worrisome.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Hi all! I know it has been a while, but I figured I would post an update. My spider is still alive! And he also pooped!! However, he is still.... odd. He sits with most of his legs off the ground, and does an odd pulsing motion if disturbed and settling back down. He gets agitated, and will spazz, then relax in pulses. It is very strange. In unsure if it's dks, or if it is the new exo? -sigh- I don't know. :( it is still very worrisome.
New exo? Did it molt?

Izzyloo3

Arachnosquire
Oh, I think it's fine then. No changes happened with my incei until it actually molted.
Even with his weird movements? I just wonder what it could be? :/ and I don't really know what I can do for him from here. I keep his little water dish filled, and occasionally move him over to it, but otherwise I leave him be. He also sometimes lightly rubs/taps his abdomen. Everything is just strange with him. Haha.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Even with his weird movements? I just wonder what it could be? :/ and I don't really know what I can do for him from here. I keep his little water dish filled, and occasionally move him over to it, but otherwise I leave him be. He also sometimes lightly rubs/taps his abdomen. Everything is just strange with him. Haha.
Yep. Poisoning lasts till next molt. I highly doubt you'll see any improvement beforehand.

Izzyloo3

Arachnosquire
Yep. Poisoning lasts till next molt. I highly doubt you'll see any improvement beforehand.
True. I've seen a VAST improvement from how he was, which is nice, but I really look forward to him being back to normal. I have no idea how he could have gotten some toxic ingestion... but at this point, I'm just wanting my kiddo back to his normal self.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
True. I've seen a VAST improvement from how he was, which is nice, but I really look forward to him being back to normal. I have no idea how he could have gotten some toxic ingestion... but at this point, I'm just wanting my kiddo back to his normal self.
Good luck. I'm pretty optimistic at this point.

Izzyloo3

Arachnosquire
Alright, guys.... I think it has come down to a hard decision. My little guy has been getting worse, seemingly. His legs are now all elevated off the ground at all times, his fangs are constantly out... and his legs, over the past week I've noticed, are starting to go even OVER his carapace, pointed backwards. He seems even more sensitive to vibration and will spazz easily. I just cannot handle watching him in this state for much longer. He doesn't seem like he's heading towards a molt... I just think he is starting to spiral down... basically, I would like to know if anyone has any clue at aboutique a solution, or if it would be best to try and put him down. Please keep in mind that I work in a veterinary clinic, and have access to various equipment and drugs, etc. Any help, ideas, creativity, etc is so very appreciated! You guys have been amazing so far, I'm just at a breaking point now. All of my other tarantulas are healthy and molting and eating and I can't stand seeing this guy being seemingly tortured. Thanks in advance!! IMG_8555.jpg IMG_8557.jpg IMG_8555.jpg IMG_8557.jpg

Attachments

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
The abdomen actually looks to be darkening some IMO. I would let him be. The fact that he's made it this long would be worth letting it run its course. That's my opinion anyways.