Genus Psalmopoeus

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Kind of a crappy pic of my yearling P. irminia, sex unknown. It only took a year and one month to get another picture after buying it. :rolleyes:

http://www.sleepyhollowherps.com/misc/Spiders/Obsidian/PirminiaAug07B.jpg[/i]

I only hope it turns out to be female and grows to be half as beautiful as TheNatural's, gorgeous T!

And yeah, that skull does look quite real, infant as well.

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
can't at the moment. (finally) about to go into the navy..so i wouldn't be able to keep anything for some time. 3 months of my life will be locked down, after that i'll have some time in less stringent training, then i'll likely live in the BOQ which is basically an apartment. won't be able to keep them there either..not sure when i'll be able to get some more, but i can't wait!

think i posted this before...male P. cambridgei.

Noexcuse4you

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Nice. Just got out of the navy myself in October after 6 long years... here's a pic of my P. irminia.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
congrats Tom!how many days has it been since she laid the sac?my cambridgei eggsac is a little over 3 weeks.hoping its good

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
congrats Tom!how many days has it been since she laid the sac?my cambridgei eggsac is a little over 3 weeks.hoping its good
Hi Chris,

I noticed the female with the sac on 11/17/07. She may of had it for a day or two before I found it. I waited the classic 30 days to pull it. I took a peek inside , but as expected with the cooler temps over here , they were still just eggs. I kept them in the sac, but placed it in a artifical incubator, that was moved to a warmer spot.

3 days later they molted to post embryo or eggs with legs. 7 days later they molted into 1st instar.

I have a hard time trusting my cambridgei with there sac for the full term, as they already destroyed 3 sacs on me.

Later, Tom

Steveyruss

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Venezuelan Suntiger (Psalmopoeus irminia) is my first tarantula, it was really tough getting a reasonable picture because he/she is in a small container due to size so I struggled!

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ok, here are the first photos I've taken that I think make the cut for appreciation thread material.

P. cambridgei 3.25"

Ready to sprint at any moment. This bugger always makes me nervous when it gets out. No, I didn't put it on the floor intentionally!

And them toes!