Protectyaaaneck's picture thread

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Still jealous about that rufonigrum :) Lovely little T...and so...so...so FLAT! :D

Bugmom

Arachnolord
Lol, no way! There's no way I can afford tarantulas for both of our collections! :)

Thanks! I no longer have any communal setups. Hoping to change that soon though. :)
Thank you very much! :)
Not sure what this is a response to. But okay! :)

0.1 P. rufonigrum

Just so weird. Like it got pancaked. It kinda looks deformed. I wonder what the purpose is for this particular species to have a flat carapace?

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ok so fill me in.....where can "I" find a T. elenae, lol? Oh yeah, I'm very aware of their scarcity and I am extremely jealous of you right now!!! :greedy:
Honestly, I'm not sure. I haven't kept that particular species for quite some time.

Still jealous about that rufonigrum :) Lovely little T...and so...so...so FLAT! :D
My pictures don't even do it justice. :)

Just so weird. Like it got pancaked. It kinda looks deformed. I wonder what the purpose is for this particular species to have a flat carapace?
To fit in between the leaves of bromeliad plants.

Its an adaptation to hide in the Bromeliad plants in the wild.
Correct! :)

1.0 Theraphosinae sp. "Panama" MM

Last edited:

Casey K

Arachnoknight
Honestly, I'm not sure. I haven't kept that particular species for quite some time.

My pictures don't even do it justice. :)

To fit in between the leaves of bromeliad plants.

Correct! :)

1.0 Theraphosinae sp. "Panama"

Beautiful panama you have there....I can't wait for my two!!! :). Aren't these dwarf species? From the pics it looks like your male is mature- if you don't mind my asking, what is his leg span? Do you know how big females get before maturing?

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Beautiful panama you have there....I can't wait for my two!!! :). Aren't these dwarf species? From the pics it looks like your male is mature- if you don't mind my asking, what is his leg span? Do you know how big females get before maturing?
This male is around 3.5-4" and yes he's mature. I would guess around the same size for females. :)

1.0 A. hirschii

Casey K

Arachnoknight
This male is around 3.5-4" and yes he's mature. I would guess around the same size for females. :)

1.0 A. hirschii

Awesome! So not too small....I was thinking they were gonna be around the size of H. triseriatus or H. sp. Klein....(matured)

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Nice !! What's the visual difference between the "recife" and just I. hirsutum?

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
So many great pictures of some very underrated and seldomly seen species. I so appreciate them!

Kymura

Arachnoknight
absolutely in love with that T. psychedelicus, don't know a thing about them but gorgeous!