Poop water rant!!

rusted180

Arachnosquire
I can’t even look at the lid of my E. murinus enclosure without seeing poop :rolleyes:
Considering theyre fossorial... i wonder why they climb the lid just to take a dump.... i guess they dont want to crap on their substrate?? My friend @0311usmc has the same issue with one of his fossorials too.. hmmmmm.. i wonder. But hey! At least they wanna keep their land clean!

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I can’t even look at the lid of my E. murinus enclosure without seeing poop :rolleyes:
My Ephebopus murinus does the same thing, spraying the walls and lid with poop. I have only seen her a few times since I got her last summer; I'd love to catch her in the act.

0311usmc

Arachnobaron
Considering theyre fossorial... i wonder why they climb the lid just to take a dump.... i guess they dont want to crap on their substrate?? My friend @0311usmc has the same issue with one of his fossorials too.. hmmmmm.. i wonder. But hey! At least they wanna keep their land clean!
Lol yeah my C.minax uses his enclosure lid as a toilet, my only tarantula that does this but does it well. One of my C.vonworthi's also pooped right in the corner it dug out in bottom of enclosure and left me a viewing window now it has a huge poop stain running down and I can't see through it as much now. When I get home from work I will send a picture.

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
Lol yeah my C.minax uses his enclosure lid as a toilet, my only tarantula that does this but does it well. One of my C.vonworthi's also pooped right in the corner it dug out in bottom of enclosure and left me a viewing window now it has a huge poop stain running down and I can't see through it as much now. When I get home from work I will send a picture.
Is that the girl I sent you?

corydalis

Arachnoknight
My Ephebopus murinus does the same thing, spraying the walls and lid with poop. I have only seen her a few times since I got her last summer; I'd love to catch her in the act.
I almost caught my P.subfusca a few weeks ago. He wasn't too satisfied with the outcome, as he is using the opposite wall since then.

IMG_4944 másolata.JPG

0311usmc

Arachnobaron
Is that the girl I sent you?
No not the one you sent me. However the one you did send me opened up burrow entrance the other day and has eaten 2 dubai roaches since. When I get home today I will try and coax her out to get a picture of her and show how good she looks after a molt for you Ted!!

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
No not the one you sent me. However the one you did send me opened up burrow entrance the other day and has eaten 2 dubai roaches since. When I get home today I will try and coax her out to get a picture of her and show how good she looks after a molt for you Ted!!
Good to hear she’s not the one misbehaving ;) Hopefully she was able to regenerate most of that leg for ya!

Magicis3

Arachnosquire
OHHHHH Noo theyre are acting like us Humans when we go to the toilet.
Theyre using you to flush the poop.🤤🤤🤤

0311usmc

Arachnobaron
Good to hear she’s not the one misbehaving ;) Hopefully she was able to regenerate most of that leg for ya!
Haven't been able to get a good look at the leg yet. I had bought a C.albostriatus missing a leg when purchased. 2 molt's later you couldn't tell. First molt she had a matchstick for a leg, kinda funny how slim it looked. Hopefully tonight we will see how she looks when I lure her out for a photo

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Your tarantulas are all amateurs. We had this one pokie that would consistently and accurately target Debby. It would crawl up to the top of the kritter keeper and let loose at her through the vents. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Your tarantulas are all amateurs. We had this one pokie that would consistently and accurately target Debby. It would crawl up to the top of the kritter keeper and let loose at her through the vents. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
That's because it truly "loved" me. It was a sign of affection. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :p

Debby

rusted180

Arachnosquire
wait... are you serious????

rusted180

Arachnosquire
Totally and completely serious. The enclosures were on the top of her computer desk hutch. The pokie especially liked to "shoot" her when she sat down after a shower :D.
Wow.... i believe you... but still... that's insane!
Well.. this is the reason why i replaced my p. Regalis for a c. Lividus emerald green cuz i got really tired of wiping the poop off the wall almost everyday.. luckily, i followed sucessful husbandry practices from some members so each time i opened up the enclosure to clean, the spider would bolt right into it's hide. I gotta admit, She/he was a sweetheart. However, i could not stand the bird-like poop stains on my display.

I heard that they tend to poop on the wall that faces the most light.. is that true?

I love poeci's... and would love to get another one.. but had to shy away from the mess they cause.

0311usmc

Arachnobaron
Before the C.vonworthi pooped on the viewing window.

After the C.vonworthi pooped on the viewing window and ruined the crystal clear HD viewings I had going on, those days are long gone now.

Haven't been able to get a good look at the leg yet. I had bought a C.albostriatus missing a leg when purchased. 2 molt's later you couldn't tell. First molt she had a matchstick for a leg, kinda funny how slim it looked. Hopefully tonight we will see how she looks when I lure her out for a photo
I tried my butt off to lure out the vonworthi you sent me with my trusty Willow branch but she wanted no part of it. I will try feeding her later on and see if I can get one. You know as well as I do it's a crap shoot but we will see if I can get a picture of her

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator: