Poop water rant!!

rusted180

Arachnosquire
In all fairness.. they have their own minds and it is nature..
But dang man! I hate how my T's poop in their waterdish everytime i change it..
There's a lot of land to roam around to take a dump on.. but why the heck do they crap in their water source?? I mean... why? Do they do this in the wild whenever they find a source of water?
Jeeeeeeez!
Im kind of a neat/clean freak.. so even if it doesnt harm them to drink from their "used" toilet bowl... i still think it's nasty, i always replace the water for my sake. Luckily they all run to their burrows and hides when i do this chore.
Oh yeah btw.. it doesnt harm them to drink feces water does it? After the 2nd time of replacing the water.. i just leave it there until next week to change the h20. I dont wanna unnecessarily stress them out

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
No. It won't hurt them. Lol
You have some pretty sophisticated spiders. Mine like to do it so it runs down the walls.
Freakin' savages.

Royalty

Arachnoknight
Maybe they like the added flavor. Essense of crickets/roaches/superworms. Mine are often Wall-poopers too (arboreals :shifty:)

rusted180

Arachnosquire
I guess it's safe to say that terrestrials are dish poopers and arboreals are wall poopers lol!!!!

paumotu

Arachnobaron
My B Hamorii was a professional wall pooper, I swear he would do his best to smear it as much as he could.

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
Lmao!!!! How does this make sense for an obligate burrower?!

Common sense would tell you, you'd never even SEE his poop it'd be so dug up lmao!!!

Crazy spoods...
She’s definitely NOT your stereotypical E. murinus. She’s pretty laid back, and she’s bold too. She’ll sit out at the edge of her burrow and won’t even flinch when I take the lid off. When I had her in her temporary enclosure, she’d launch her boluses across the enclosure and into the water dish, every time. I would call her Steph Curry, but it IS a she. Oh well....

coolnweird

Arachnobaron
Mine has a burrow underneath its dug out corkbark. It spends all its time above ground. But if I grab an enclosure anywhere on the bookcase...gone in a blink!
Mine is your typical pet hole, but it burrowed against the side and gave me a nice window at least! But my specimen is only about 2", I'm hoping once it puts on more size, it'll be less reclusive

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
Mine is your typical pet hole, but it burrowed against the side and gave me a nice window at least! But my specimen is only about 2", I'm hoping once it puts on more size, it'll be less reclusive
I've heard/seen them be both ways! Regardless if mine changes as it molts/gets rehoused, I think this will always be one of my favorite species!

coolnweird

Arachnobaron
I've heard/seen them be both ways! Regardless if mine changes as it molts/gets rehoused, I think this will always be one of my favorite species!
Definitely! The coloration, adult size, and unique defensive mechanism all make for a really neat tarantula

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Sigh. Mine do the exact same thing, and it's always right after I change the water. ALL of them do it. My P. regalis is officially the king of feces. He shoots poop missiles into his water dish from the top of his cork bark while poking his butt over the edge. Sometimes he misses and creates abstract art on the sides of the enclosure. Drives me nuts!