Poll: How tolerant is your significant other of your tarantulas?

Well?

• Total voters

SpiderSling2017

Arachnopeon
I was sitting at my desk at work typing away on the keyboard the other day when suddenly I looked down and saw the tiniest little spider sitting there pointed in my direction just beyond the keyboard. This little spider seemed lost in this world full of human objects. I am surprised that it was even alive as we have this arachnophobic person at work who hates any bugs and calls the pesticide folks every time she sees one. Anyway, I suddenly found myself emptying all of the toothpicks out of a plastic container and giving this little spider a ride home. I don't know if it will survive, but I have put it in a small deli cup and am trying to feed it some fruit flies. It would never survive outside since it is winter, so I thought I would give it a vacation at the spider resort.
Aww I hope the little guy is doing okay, If I did go hunting I doubt I'd find much, the Harvestman spider is the only really common one. And there's plenty in the house

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I never looked at her profile page T_T
There's not even the need for. Just click (directly when you read a comment, for instance) on someone avatar one time and will appear, if stated, the gender, age, location. This due to pure "witchcraft" :-s

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
My wife likes the Ts a lot, but wants them to be our "pets", and so doesn't want us to get more than we can name and remember. So less than about 20
Why don't you just label their enclosures with their names? Then you would never forget them no matter now many you have

There's not even the need for. Just click (directly when you read a comment, for instance) on someone avatar one time and will appear, if stated, the gender, age, location. This due to pure "witchcraft" :-s
I never did that either X_X

Last edited by a moderator:

TomKemp

Arachnoknight
My wife was cool enough to marry an oddball like me so hey, What's a few spiders gonna do? lol

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
My wife was terrified of my geckos when started with them years ago ... then when the eggs started hatching she couldn't help herself.
I would get calls at work that an egg was hatching and could she take the baby out LOL. SO there is always hope with the spiders. I was told
"You can get one and only one" That was six weeks ago and I am already at six LOL

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
My most recent partner liked my spiders but took issue with me when I began to grow my collection. She said I wouldn't be able to give all of them enough attention :rolleyes:, and that they were becoming a "hobby" instead of "pets"... needless to say she had a pretty uninformed view of spiders. Now I won't even consider dating someone unless they're 100% cool with my Ts and my desire to keep other exotic pets.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
I was told "You can get one and only one" That was six weeks ago and I am already at six LOL
Tarantulas are a lot like tropical fish. Most of your pleasure just comes from seeing them. Would you tell someone to get "one and only one" tropical fish?

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
In the beginning my husband didn'teven want to accept the packages from the mailman who delivered the spiders, afraid it somehow would escape and turn on him while holding it. :rolleyes:
Now he asks how my spiders are doing, if the one in pre-molt molted already, and comes watching them from a distance. This last thing is not entirely out of fear for the spiders, but me wanting space when opening enclosures. He gets nervous when I have to feed the more speedy or defensive species though. But still, he came a long way, which I am secretly proud of. :)

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Why don't you just label their enclosures with their names? Then you would never forget them no matter now many you have
Well she quizzes me about them at random times. I got in trouble because I couldn't remember our G. pulchripes' name briefly

Bugmom

Arachnolord
My pets are a huge part of my life, so when I divorced years ago, I refused to date anyone that wasn't an animal lover (and who didn't only apply "animal lover" to things with fur.) My husband doesn't help me with 95% of the animals we have here (because they're my pets) but he 100% approves and might have me committed if I ever talked about getting rid of them.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
:rofl: Still far better than someone who tells you "it's them or me!"
They are of best: thanks to Italians "it's them or me!" freak out Ladies, I've ended during years with class A 0.1 Theraphosidae like my Megaphobema robustum not only for completely free, but also viewed as a sort of "shining armor" hero that killed the brute dragon. It's good to save other people feelings, and it's more even good when (like happened) after, you meet the couple again, asking just for talking how the spidey are doing, and the Lady that didn't wanted those in the first place, is interested to hear about a molt, muahahah, while her so :banghead: :rage:

My ratio is minimum a 0.1 for free every year (last was a G.pulchripes... not exactly my kind of T's but oh well, free is free) hail to those Italian Ladies that use what nature gave them for blackmail their mans :cigar:

brokenxspirits

Arachnopeon
I chose "somewhat approves, sees why I like them" because he doesn't disapprove, but always says NO when I try to get more but is pretty indifferent about them as long as I don't ask him to care for them, which has has done and can do but doesn't want to do.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
They are of best: thanks to Italians "it's them or me!" freak out Ladies, I've ended during years with class A 0.1 Theraphosidae like my Megaphobema robustum not only for completely free, but also viewed as a sort of "shining armor" hero that killed the brute dragon. It's good to save other people feelings, and it's more even good when (like happened) after, you meet the couple again, asking just for talking how the spidey are doing, and the Lady that didn't wanted those in the first place, is interested to hear about a molt, muahahah, while her so :banghead: :rage:

My ratio is minimum a 0.1 for free every year (last was a G.pulchripes... not exactly my kind of T's but oh well, free is free) hail to those Italian Ladies that use what nature gave them for blackmail their mans :cigar:
Italian 0.1 are quite a handful from what i'm reading in your posts :D