Poecilotheria

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Originally posted by Code Monkey
What is wrong with you people? ;)

that is a question that would take more time than I have at the moment to answer =D =D

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
Wow, this post got a big 'jolt' rather than a 'bump' eh?

I also use tweezers when I feed and clean my Ts, and recommend them. I don't want them to associate my fingers with feeding time... If anyone happens to be looking for a nice 3 piece set, do a search on Ebay for tweezers. A dealer there normally has a set containing 8", 10", and 12" stainless(?) set with a buy now option at $9.99 US. Great deal!!!

Last edited:

Deliverme314

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
even with my slings I use long tweezers... but I wont handle any T's... they are for my eyes and thats it.

WULF03

Arachnopeon
I also tend to use my hands (DURING CLEANING)with my Pokies.(One day I will proably get bitten,accident waiting to happen)But if I or anyone else are bitten and have a reaction that leads to death.It is no ones fault but our own.I can already see some big month left wing politican attacking the industry just like they do the gun industry.
That being said the point is its no ones fault but your own what happens.I dont handle my Pokes but I do let them out of there cages from time to time.But if anyone wants to handle there pokes they certainly have the right.But I dont want to hear any whinning and crying after they are bitten!
And I sure as hell dont want te see someone filling a law suit after a bite!If such a thing ever happens the person filling suit definetly deserves a good swift kick in the behind!!!!!!

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by WULF03
To much talk about how evil & bad pokies are.Sounds like a bunch of left wing liberals debating gun control.
Actually, there was NO talk of evil and bad pokies.

Way to take a 7 page thread that has covered huge amounts of material and misconstrue all of it as well as completely misunderstand what it was about to begin with.

Deliverme314

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by WULF03
I also tend to use my hands (DURING CLEANING)with my Pokies.(One day I will proably get bitten,accident waiting to happen)But if I or anyone else are bitten and have a reaction that leads to death.It is no ones fault but our own.I can already see some big month left wing politican attacking the industry just like they do the gun industry.
That being said the point is its no ones fault but your own what happens.I dont handle my Pokes but I do let them out of there cages from time to time.But if anyone wants to handle there pokes they certainly have the right.But I dont want to hear any whinning and crying after they are bitten!
And I sure as hell dont want te see someone filling a law suit after a bite!If such a thing ever happens the person filling suit definetly deserves a good swift kick in the behind!!!!!!
you obviously didnt read the thread.

You wont die but you will be in a hell of alot of pain and yes it will be your dumb asses fault... I am not calling youone just agreeing with what you said. Buy some tweezers and save yourself the arrogance that owning a poke for 6 months and not being bitten has built.

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Plus dude, if you die from a bite, it would have an impect to the entire hobby. I think some goverments are stupid enough to ban all exotic animal at the slightest problem

xanderTluv

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes you are right! One death or even news of long hospital stay could be a tremendous strain on the hobby! It would start with local bans, then city, county, regional, then a whole state!
Although, I do think pokes got a bad rap! With a little respect, and mature decisions, I think any experienced T owner could enjoy this great species! As long as they stuck to the no handling, and scoop methods!
As for age and owning pokes, I would have to say that would depend on the kid individualy! I have met very responsible younger folks and then not so responsible younger folks. Also would depend on younger siblings advantage of getting to where the T's are! Just my thoughts!

Eric

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Code Monkey
Way to take a 7 page thread that has covered huge amounts of material and misconstrue all of it as well as completely misunderstand what it was about to begin with.
LOL, well said (as always) Chip :)

Nowhere on this thread have I seen anyone saying pokies are bad for the hobby. The main message here is when keeping the species that are more of a risk (yes folks, that would be pokies) just be careful and know what you are keeping and, like the scouts say (damn those kids in green, when will they be wrong) be prepared..........

Steve

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Whats up Brandon,
You know you the man when it comes to T'z. You have sold me some of my first T'z and gave quite a bit of knowledge. However on this one I think you lost the dicussion. For someone like myself I could very easily get a pokie because it's only me my mom and my dad. My dad knows what they are and my mom doesn't even walk in my room. However if I had siblings then I couldn't get a pokie because then there's too many things that could go wrong, and people do get bit by these T'z. Didn't you just get lit up by one? BTW how are you doing on that? I tried calling you but your mom picked up. anyways I read the affects that it had on you,image that kinda pain on a small kid or a toddler. You think they could handle it? Of course not. And these T'z are very very fast and unpredictable (from what I heard). Think about it Brandon,

And that teenage stuff, don't even pay attention to that stuff. You'll find that just dealing with people discriminating against you because your a teen is alot easier then fighting it. For example is a 16 year old kid that much more matuare then a kid thats 14? I very highly doubt it but thats just the way it is. ;P
well hope you your alright and talk to you later brandon,

Sam,