Poecilotheria metallica Pocock, 1899

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree that the second pokie that was posted here is much better looking. Both are quite stunning though and I would love to have either. I just think that the color variation on the second one also makes it look almost unreal.

Haploman

ArachnoEarthTiger
Old Timer
then you guys didnt see

Hey all,
then you guys didnt see the Peocilotheria Uniformis then (I seen a pic of one , it was a dead specimen) but It was really nice

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I don't see what the big deal is with the metallica, it's just blue. The miranda is completely unique. It almost looks like it's a 3D picture for 3d glasses.

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have not heard of P. metallica being in Europe. On a dutch board we had this discussion a while ago, but no one knew of metallica's being bred here. I had seen the pic on Rick West's site before, and I think if they were bred here more pictures would circulate on the web (I for one would like to show such a stunning and rare species off...).
greetz,
Joost

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

Cyriopagopus thorelli males range from the lime green to a sort of drab yellow. I much prefer the females of that species. I have a sling and they are all black with little auburn curly hairs.

-V

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
male Cyriopagopus thorelli

Ultimate instar. Check the length of the pedipalps.
You'll have to click I think.

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

Lariz,

At what point do they become sexually dimorphic? Or is it only the ultimate molt that changes the males colors.

-V

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Re: ><

Originally posted by Vayu Son
Lariz,
At what point do they become sexually dimorphic? Or is it only the ultimate molt that changes the males colors.
-V
Males are obvious many molts before ultimate. I've seen 2.5" with the greenish coloration. Not green like an ultimate, but obviously more green than a female. Females will have darker legs and a greenish cephalothorax.
I'm raising a bunch of babies up from both of my breedings to see when they are visually sexable.
john

Midwest Art

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Poe. uniformis

here's a link to a european web site. The site has a picture of a live Poe. uniformis (I can't remember where I saw the picture of the dried mounted one).

http://www.vogelspinne.ch/

I clicked on the pix of the I. zerodes then backtracked my way around the web site (not in english)

N-Joy
Midwest Art