pics of my new OBT!!

Wolfywolf7

Arachnopeon
:}so I've had this OBT for about a week and It's deffinately not as mean as i expected, but it is still young.

i got into it's inclosure to change out the bedding, and it shot me the death glare. PS i know its bad bedding but I was out of the thin stuff and only had my tree frog cheap stuff, I switched it today.

this is why they call it the starburst baboon

so I love this lil dude or dudette.
if anyone thinks they can sex it i'd be very obliged
so i can stop calling it a "IT" :)

JohnDapiaoen

Arachnobro
Old Timer
:}so I've had this OBT for about a week and It's deffinately not as mean as i expected, but it is still young.

i got into it's inclosure to change out the bedding, and it shot me the death glare. PS i know its bad bedding but I was out of the thin stuff and only had my tree frog cheap stuff, I switched it today.

Mature Male :D get him a girl

jonnyquong

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Like the others said, you have a mature male. Do you know when he matured? I would ask the seller. He will not be around for the long term. :( You may want to find a girl for him, or offer him for cash or trade in the For Sale/Trade/Want to Buy section, or some sort of breeding deal in the Invertsonals. I hope you didn't pay too much for him. :eek:
Good luck!

Wolfywolf7

Arachnopeon
haha wow!! I'm fairly new to the tarantula scene.
exact words of the pet shop owner
"that thing right there is satanic, ill give him to you for 20$"

that stinks he's already matured. I'll deffinately be looking out for a mature female, i was wanting to breed something eventually, might be tough doing it first time with such an agressive species. I'll have to look into the F/S & Wanted area

THANKS!!:)

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Ditto the ditto.

Where did you get it and what did they tell you when you got it? And how much was it?

I would go get my money back.
I wouldn't bring him back...
I walked into the shop with full intentions of
getting a Cobalt sling
but they were out
this guy was sitting in a tiny KK with a thin layer of orange sand and a old crusty sponge, sorounded by a slew of dead crickets
I felt bad for him
I knew he had probably sat there for a few months with no care or attention
and at $20 i just swiped him up and put him in a new breeder box i got from an expo and set it up really nice. I can tell he's feeling better.

sucks actually... the owner of the pet shop asked me if he was dead yet when i was looking into the cage... being the animal lover i am i had to get him

x Mr Awesome x

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My very first obt was a spitfire. He also matured within about a month. Oh well. It's definitly in my top five favorite species of all time! Congrats on an awesome t.

bioshock

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

He's telling you to come at him bro haha!! {D

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
... I'm fairly new to the tarantula scene.
exact words of the pet shop owner
"that thing right there is satanic, ill give him to you for 20$" ...

... I wouldn't bring him back... I walked into the shop with full intentions ... this guy was sitting in a tiny KK with a thin layer of orange sand and a old crusty sponge, sorounded by a slew of dead crickets ... I felt bad for him ...
I knew he had probably sat there for a few months with no care or attention
and at $20 i just swiped him up and put him in a new breeder box i got from an expo and set it up really nice. I can tell he's feeling better ...

... sucks actually... the owner of the pet shop asked me if he was dead yet when i was looking into the cage... being the animal lover i am i had to get him
Your attitude is admirable, and even if the old guy is MM, your care and attention have probably added months, maybe years, to an otherwise discarded life ... BRAVO!!! I call that a win-win-win situation - for you, for the T, and for the hobby!!!

Arborealis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hmm. It's too bad you don't know how long he's been mature. I've been looking for a MM for my girl for a while. Gorgeous male too.

Wolfywolf7

Arachnopeon
Your attitude is admirable, and even if the old guy is MM, your care and attention have probably added months, maybe years, to an otherwise discarded life ... BRAVO!!! I call that a win-win-win situation - for you, for the T, and for the hobby!!!
I hope so!! and thank you:)

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

Hmm. It's too bad you don't know how long he's been mature. I've been looking for a MM for my girl for a while. Gorgeous male too.
yeah he's pretty!! I'm going to keep my eyes open for a mature female, i really would like to see this guy mate:)

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't mean to hijack the thread but my OBT is about an inch to at the most 1&1/2 inches across...how long till maturity?

Arborealis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This is my female, Pumpkin Monster. She'd be a lot to handle for the average size mature male though. She's about 6" and has a sizable attitude to match. I do hope you find a female in your area. I realize being a newer keeper you're probably not very comfortable with proper shipping techniques.

Attachments

Last edited:

Wolfywolf7

Arachnopeon
This is my female, Pumpkin Monster. She'd be a lot to handle for the average size mature male though. She's about 6" and has a sizable attitude to match. I do hope you find a female in your area. I realize being a newer keeper you're probably not very comfortable with proper shipping techniques.

I'm sure i could find a toturial about packing and shipping the T, but i would be nervous of him getting hurt, if you;d be willing to send me a sling or two i'd be willing to send my boy here.
PS your female is pretty!!!

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

I don't mean to hijack the thread but my OBT is about an inch to at the most 1&1/2 inches across...how long till maturity?
take some pics and post them up!! someone should be able to help you out!

Zman181

Arachnoknight
I agree your attitude is admirable.