Phormictopus Cancerides care sheet

spiderengineer

Arachnoangel
Thanks! they have some very suspicious reviews, even accusations of positive review padding by the owner! Ended up going with a Thai Zebra from Ken the bug guy though!
Um just out of curiosity will this be your first T because, haplopelma albostriatum or Thai Zebra is not a good choice for a beginner T

Palespider

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Not sure if this is a big deal to you, but like the other Haplo's, they're deep burrowers and will rarely be seen.

Tarantino andTs

Arachnopeon
Um just out of curiosity will this be your first T because, haplopelma albostriatum or Thai Zebra is not a good choice for a beginner T
Not sure if this is a big deal to you, but like the other Haplo's, they're deep burrowers and will rarely be seen.
It was going to be! The seller said it was hardy and docile, then a quite funny caresheet described it as "a hole with legs that consumes food" Going with a chaco golden knee instead now!

Palespider

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
A docile Haplopelma... hmmmm never heard one being described as such. Mine have all been little hell spawns XD

Think you'll be very happy with the G. pulchripes =)

John

Arachnopeon
mine was docile when she was young - and then became very agressive.
they are terrestrial, and they get up to 9" by the literature. but actually i never saw bigger than 7.5".

Quazgar

Arachnoknight
chaco is a much better choice for a first T.
+1. Just be patient. Like all Grammastola, G. pulchripes are slow to do everything (grow, molt, etc.). The plus is you should have it for a long time :)

---------- Post added 01-14-2013 at 06:02 PM ----------

they have the same life span as most other female T's. Fyi I think you should check review for Back water reptiles if i was you
No offense, but this is a terrible answer. Some females live 5-10 years (Avicularia come to mind), and some live over 30 years (B. emilia, potentially G. rosea).

J1984mcmillan

Arachnopeon
I have a 1 1/4 inch sling and it loves running all over me. i love taken it out!!!! Just so fast It's been on my hand then ran up my arm down my back very quickly

sasker

Arachnoprince
I have a 1 1/4 inch sling and it loves running all over me. i love taken it out!!!! Just so fast It's been on my hand then ran up my arm down my back very quickly
Please don't revive old threads, unless you have something urgent/necessary to add. And please think before you post on a controversial topic like handling tarantulas (what is more, handling slings!). Do a search on handling in the search bar and you know what I mean.

Thanks! :)

boina

Lady of the mites
In case you are not just a troll, here's the reason you are collecting dislikes for this:

1. Your sling runs all over you not because it loves it but because it is scared for its life. You are having fun scaring your spider like that?
2. P. cancerides slings are very fast and skittish - if you lose it during a handling session you will probably not find it again.
3. If it bites you, your reflex will be to shake it off and fling it away -> dead spider.
4. It will likely bite you at some point - P. cancerides are among the most defensive spider world wide.