Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Philth's non-theraphosid mygalomorph and true spider photo thread.

Discussion in 'Other Spiders & Arachnids' started by Philth, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Advertisement
    That's so cool. Thanks for posting it!

2. Philth

Philth N.Y.H.C. Arachnosupporter

Heteropoda venatoria or one f the variants is usually the go to starter spider. They are cheap, common, easy to find, and will give a good feel for their speed and flightiness.

Later, Tom

• Like Like x 1
  3. Philth

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  4. Ran

Ran Arachnoknight

CA
    Earlier was an amazing molt Tom! I also have a question for you that you may or may not know...what size do Diplura species Sanguinea get to be? Picked one up from Joe R. awhile back and I believe it's a she and she is currently a little over 2" now.

5. Philth

From what I understand there is no real Diplura sanguinea in the hobby. I also have some from Joe, and the male is about 2 inches mature, so I wouldn't expect females to be much bigger then 3 inches. I would assume the ones Joe was selling are the same as what the is being called Diplura sp."Rurrenbaque" over sea's. Not sure why names change when they cross the ocean, but it happens. Pictures of Diplura sanguinea and Diplura sp."Rurrenbaque" spermatheca can be be seen here in the provided link and are significantly different. . Bastian Drolshagen is the authority on Dipluridae.

http://dipluridae.de/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Diplura

6. Ran

Ran Arachnoknight

CA
    Thank you Tom for all the info! Good to know it's real origins. I will keep you up to date on this hopefully a lady! Checked link...big difference in the spermathecae! Thank you again :). One more question, I have a L. fallax female that is very close to 5"...they get larger than this? You are definitely the Mygalamorph expert!

7. nieksluys

nieksluys Arachnopeon

Stunning pictures again Tom, and a stunning collection.

as for your Deinopis, it definetly needs another molt, my mature male looked alot different, they grow huge, as do the pedipalps.

good luck with the breeding attempts.

regards,

Niek

8. My newest additions. Acanthogonatus Francki. 20160625_155028~2.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Philth

• Like Like x 6
  10. antinous

antinous Pamphopharaoh

I always find myself perusing your threads whenever I have extra money on hand....you need to breed more Ctenidae and Sparassidae, I can't find many for sale anymore haha.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Philth

Heteropda venatoria is the usually go to starter huntsman spider. Cheap and easy to find. Your best bet is to get one well started though, as the tiny babies can be fragile in any species and usually require small feeders like fruit flies in the beginning. They grow fast though. Don't be turned off by their shorter life spans though. I've had females live up to 2.5 years. They are super fast though. I always say a slow huntsman will make your fastest tarantula look slow lol.

Later, Tom

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. What's the size on that MM H. sp. cave?

13. Philth

About 2.5-3 inches. He's a leggy little thing with this tiny little body.

Later, Tom

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thanks, I have a juvenile and was curious about how big it may get. Thanks :)

15. Philth

Macrothele gigas
    [​IMG]

Linothele sp. "Panama"
    [​IMG]

Phoneutria fera adult female
    [​IMG]

Piloctenus haematostoma
    [​IMG]

Holconia murrayensis ( I believe these are they same as what was sold as H. immanis earlier in this thread)
    [​IMG]

Heteropoda pingtungensis
    [​IMG]

Macrothele holsti
    mature male (I was calling them M. taiwanensis earlier in this thread but beileve that is incorrect)
    [​IMG]

Latrodectus hasselti
    [​IMG]

Latrodectus pallidus
    [​IMG]

Sparassidae sp. Indonesia-Flores mature male ( Likely Heteropoda )
    [​IMG]

Sparassidae
    sp. Indonesia-Flores female ( Likely Heteropoda )
    [​IMG]

Barylestis scutatus

[​IMG]

Later, Tom

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  16. Philth

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 2
  17. G. pulchra

G. pulchra ArachnoGod Old Timer

Amazing photo's and spiders Tom.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Nephila Edulis

Nephila Edulis Arachnoknight Active Member

I was under the impression that holconia immanis had darker bands. Maybe I'm mistaken

19. Philth

No I believe you are right. At the time I posted them that's what they were being traded as here in the U.S. I believe the 3 spiders sold here in the U.S. under the names H. immanis, H. insignis and H. murrayensis are likely all the same thing.

Later, Tom

20. Arachnea

Arachnea Arachnopeon

usa
    where do you purchase your spiders? Or even better, do you have a website I could purchase some of your slings from?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.