Species Pelinobius muticus

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks Tom. He was a cool little guy. I hope he got to plant his seed :)
Mike

harrymaculata

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
heres my 61/2inch beauty since moulted now a monster with attidude to boot, :D

Last edited:

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks a lot guys. This female has been with me for about eight years (got her as a 1/4" sling). So this pairing means a lot to me. Thanks again Tom.

Ultimate Instar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Lasiodora,

Great looking female and interesting photos.

I have a captive-bred sling who feeds regularly on crickets and cockroaches. However, I have an adult female who drives me crazy because she's such a picky eater. She used to eat cockroaches but she's gone off them. I've tried mouse pinkies and mealworms as well and still nothing.

She looks okay and other members have posted that they can go for long periods without eating but how often do people try to feed them? Once every two weeks? And has anyone tried other prey items? After looking at those mating pics, I'm wondering if their preferred food is other tarantulas. If I have an adult male T die from old age, I could try it. Has anyone else tried feeding a dead T to a King Baboon?

Karen N.

Tarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I got two crawshayi, one adult and one juvenile. The adult is freshly molted and eats everything. The juvenile has just started eating after along period of not eating (abit like G. rosea). The smaller one had sealed itself in and one day it opened its burrow and continued feeding like normal.

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Ultimate Instar said:
Lasiodora,

Great looking female and interesting photos.

I have a captive-bred sling who feeds regularly on crickets and cockroaches. However, I have an adult female who drives me crazy because she's such a picky eater. She used to eat cockroaches but she's gone off them. I've tried mouse pinkies and mealworms as well and still nothing.

She looks okay and other members have posted that they can go for long periods without eating but how often do people try to feed them? Once every two weeks? And has anyone tried other prey items? After looking at those mating pics, I'm wondering if their preferred food is other tarantulas. If I have an adult male T die from old age, I could try it. Has anyone else tried feeding a dead T to a King Baboon?

Karen N.
Thanks Karen.
I don't have a set feeding schedule for her. I probably feed her once a week or once every two weeks (although now I will offer food more often incase she is gravid). She has fresh water available at all times. You may want to try earthworms. Or you can wait. She may be getting ready for a molt. There have been periods of times that she hadn't eaten in months. Her abdomen stayed the same size. Kings seem to be able to manage fine without eating for long periods. I wouldn't bother offering other spiders. Just keep an eye on her and be patient.

Now back to the pics :)

zLOST

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
good job, timo, as always :)
there is no other Citharsichius hangin around in the hobby, is it?

T.Raab

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi Ota,

there is one more described species, Citharischius stridulantissimus. It was described by Embrik Strand as Monocentropella stridulantissima and was transfered to the genus Citharischius due the great mygalomorphae work or Raven in 1985 as a result of the very long labium.
Strand had no type location given and the type species is lost in the WWII. (Along the WWII were many Strand-Types destroyed which are stored in the Stuttgart Museum)

The holotype of Monocentropella stridulantissima was male and a female is not known. The reverse is given in Citharischius crawshayi, male unknown, female described by Pocock.
So maybe Strand had described the male of C. crawshayi, what is pure guess. The most work of Strand is in moderen view total useless.

zLOST

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thanks a lot. i bet this info will be pretty interesting for others as well.

so it's up to us to go to Africa and dig some out :)

Tarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Citharischius crawshayi

I noticed that my female C. crawshayi molted and she got back her hind leg. Not as thick as the other but it's atleast a leg! :biggrin:

Before the molt:

And this is after the molt:

zLOST

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
MetalDragon_boy said:
Citharischius crawshayi

I noticed that my female C. crawshayi molted and she got back her hind leg. Not as thick as the other but it's atleast a leg! :biggrin:
she's perfect :)
i just love their kick-ass legs IV...