Species Pelinobius muticus

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
gustavowright said:
:D Lord! that 9' is gorgeous...and huge indeed.
Yes she is quite big. She have molted once after these pics was taken so she is maybe 2mm larger in legspan :rolleyes:

:D

Tarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh sorry I made the post above.. my friend was checking the boards before me and I forgot to log out from his user before I posted a reply. :wall:

Cheers

Rabid Flea

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
beautiful spiders! :clap: i cant wait to get my T collection expanded to all of these guys i see on here.

gustavowright

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
One of my king slings doesn t burrow much....any concerns or anything like that?Whats the key to keep them burrowing, except the thick layer of substrate...?

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wow it is amazing to me that they get so huge!!! mine is just a little fellow, and its hard to imagine it being such a enormous beast some day!

Tarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
xBurntBytheSunx said:
wow it is amazing to me that they get so huge!!! mine is just a little fellow, and its hard to imagine it being such a enormous beast some day!
You know that C. crawshayi is the third largest tarantula in Africa. Next after H. hercules and H. scepticus.

I bilive that my C. crawshayi female is very old since she is very big.

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i'm not sure if i've ever seen either H. hercules and H. scepticus...are they uncommon?

Tarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
xBurntBytheSunx said:
i'm not sure if i've ever seen either H. hercules and H. scepticus...are they uncommon?
Yes. The only known true H. hercules is in a museum in England.

H. scepticus is in the hobby but rare.

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
"Yes. The only known true H. hercules is in a museum in England"

wow that is really rare lol...also i was wondering...if any spiders get much bigger than king baboons wouldn't they rival t. blondi in size?

Tarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
xBurntBytheSunx said:
wow that is really rare lol...also i was wondering...if any spiders get much bigger than king baboons wouldn't they rival t. blondi in size?
na H. hercules is said to become 10" in legspan.

T.blondi is said to be 12" in legspan.

I have also read that Grammostola pulchripes can atain a legspan of 12" but I dont know if that is ture.

Cheers

lpw

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
See my pic here. Since we just had a molt, there might be more coming soon, if I can get a clear shot.

Last edited:

Tarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Newly taken pics of my own female. Sadly she lost a leg in her last molt.. and offcourse it was one of the cool thick backlegs... :rolleyes:

Cheers! :worship:

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
xBurntBytheSunx said:
"Yes. The only known true H. hercules is in a museum in England"

Swifty has H. Hurcules on his pricelist. :?

Tarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Evil Cheshire said:
Swifty has H. Hurcules on his pricelist. :?
Yes he probably has, same as many other European and US dealers. But it isnt a true hercules they are selling. Its most likley its a hybrid of two other Hysterocrates sp. or a misslabled Hysterocrates gigas/crassipes. The genus Hysterocrates is a complete mess.

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Cithariachius crawshayi pairing

I placed Tom's (Philth) male in my female's enclosure. He walked toward her burrow entrance and began to "vibrate" his legs. He had no response so he got closer to the burrow. He then proceeded to tear the silk lining at the burrow entrance. After doing so he went in the burrow halfway. The female came toward him and tapped once. She then followed him out of the burrow. They hooked up three times. During the last hook up she put all of her weight on him and bit him. She held on with most of her legs and flipped over in the process. She then turned over and took him with her down the burrow. I did not see any insertions because of the angle at which I was watching this. He did have enough time to get in some insertions so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

Lastly, she descends back into her burrow with him in her fangs.