Genus Pamphobeteus

raggamuffin415

Arachnosquire
I just purchased a machalla sling at convention in Sacramento, ca. A few online dealers on here have me, like Becker and Rossi.

That Solaris pair are amazing btw!! Can't decide which is prettier, the male or female.

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
1.0 Pamphobeteus sp. machalla. Wish I hadn't broke my old camera so I could get a better shot of the carapace.

IMAG0053_1.jpg

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Love that pink, do they keep it as juvies and adults? Looking to get another pampho, but would love one that has at least a tiny bit of color as a female ;)
This is my first Pampho, so I'm not sure about juvenile and adults, Olan has a picture of a sub-adult female at post #902 and she's gorgeous. I was so bummed out when I found out he was a boy but at least I'll get to see those gorgeous mature male colors. I'd definitely recommend sp.machalla, mines very very quick to flick hairs but I don't have that much of a reaction, and of course as with most Pamphos their feeding response is crazy. :)

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Love that pink, do they keep it as juvies and adults? Looking to get another pampho, but would love one that has at least a tiny bit of color as a female ;)
sp. Machala females keep the purple color for a lot longer than most female pamphs, but I think they do eventually brown out. Completely awesome spider though.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
sp. Machala females keep the purple color for a lot longer than most female pamphs, but I think they do eventually brown out. Completely awesome spider though.
Oh, got it. My dream of a colorful female pampho less than $300 is a bust ;) Still is my favorite genus, may end up getting a machala. My sp. Goliath plugged up it's burrow, so I need some that are willing to eat and be out :D