P.Murinus bite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shampain88

Arachnosquire
After I got clamped on by an angry H.Gigas and had little to no side effects and just localised pain I decided I just had to experience the PAIN of an OBT bite... So I done it.. A few have seen my crying video but only 2 folks have seen this in its entirety... I was prepared for a bite and the T fell back in to her enclosure from about 6 inches high which was fine but in an uncontrolled environment if bitten you could launch a T across the room which is NOT good especially a heavy terrestrial... I was a curious idiot, this is not advisable EVER! EVER! Don't hate on this the T is fine but I wasn't lol, side effects for over a month, don't get bit folks...
Immediate regret lolol

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I don't know if there's something wrong with you, my friend, but I really would love to help since I like you :)

Keep all the venomous inverts you like, but don't forget, never, to read (or re-read) Dante Alighieri and Yukio Mishima (for me the last Samurai existed) books :bookworm:

After gaining such noble knowledge, a gentle and strong wind of wisdom will accompany you for the rest of your life, calming your soul ;)

Amen :bored:

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
Let me see.

A. Social insects - Schmidt Pain Index (Schmidt allowed himself to get stung so he can record the intensity of the pain).

B. Arachnids - I predict future Shampain Pain Index? Pokie next! pokie next! :D

Shampain88

Arachnosquire
I don't know if there's something wrong with you, my friend, but I really would love to help since I like you :)

Keep all the venomous inverts you like, but don't forget, never, to read (or re-read) Dante Alighieri and Yukio Mishima (for me the last Samurai existed) books :bookworm:

After gaining such noble knowledge, a gentle and strong wind of wisdom will accompany you for the rest of your life, calming your soul ;)

Amen :bored:
Hehe you sure English is your second language Chrissy? ;)

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Wow!!! didn't it occur to you the H. gigas might have given you a dry (no venom) bite?? Any OW T can do that, and most of them can produce the same results.
hope it doesn't linger to long or cause long term after effects.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I don't really know what to say to this. That is not something anyone should do. Umm... wow.

Glad to hear the T is ok.

Shampain88

Arachnosquire
Wow!!! didn't it occur to you the H. gigas might have given you a dry (no venom) bite?? Any OW T can do that, and most of them can produce the same results.
hope it doesn't linger to long or cause long term after effects.
I'm fine now, cramping is the worst side effect I found.. The legs especially I could barely walk for two days... Weird sensitivity to hot and cold too... Hot felt cold and vice versa for a good few days...

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
This however prove pretty well a thing that is always, always, always a matter of discussion and where, in general, I end up 'disliked'.

Think: Shampain88 is an adult, IMO pretty 'strong' Scot man (and Scotland mans in general are badass builded good brawlers, uh), and probably healthy at 360°.

Check how much lasted the side effects he had. And think, despite the Mantra of "... no one was killed by a Theraphosidae so far" etc what can happen if said Theraphosidae bites a little children, maybe in a very delicate area such heart zone and/or head.

I'm not playing the "OMG! Childrens! Save childrens!" card now, don't get me wrong. Just a thing I'd love to consider as possibly extremely serious, even if such a scenario can be a very rare one/whatever.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
What do I say that you don't already know. I'm not gong to blast you. Balls of steel. Brain, jeezuz. Common sense, zip, nada, zilch. My back hurt and my butt puckered watching you take that hit. You made me laugh a little.

Your H gigas set you up Bro, plain and simple. Your video should be saved and re shown forever. Yeah you were idiotic doing that, but what a great public service you've done for the tarantula community. That video should be the video forever shown. I applaude you why I smash my head against the wall yelling, "what the heck was he thinking!".

Hopefully the recovery is quick. My biggest MF OBT bit the guy I bought her from. He had cramps and spasms for 5-6 months after the bite. He said he wouldn't wish that on his worst enemy.

Shampain88

Arachnosquire
This however prove pretty well a thing that is always, always, always a matter of discussion and where, in general, I end up 'disliked'.

Think: Shampain88 is an adult, IMO pretty 'strong' Scot man (and Scotland mans in general are badass builded good brawlers, uh), and probably healthy at 360°.

Check how much lasted the side effects he had. And think, despite the Mantra of "... no one was killed by a Theraphosidae so far" etc what can happen if said Theraphosidae bites a little children, maybe in a very delicate area such heart zone and/or head.

I'm not playing the "OMG! Childrens! Save childrens!" card now, don't get me wrong. Just a thing I'd love to consider as possibly extremely serious, even if such a scenario can be a very rare one/whatever.
I went to hospital and they gave me laughing gas, a tetanus and an x-ray... The laughing gas was pretty sweet considering by then my hand felt like it'd been hit with a hammer... Here's the thing though, I got bit on purpose, spiders always choose flight before fight it's kinda hard to get bit if you're not in and about them.. :)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Btw don't get tagged by the Forcipules of your Asian 'pede my friend, otherwise you would probably view the P.murinus bite as "walk in the park".

They are on another level, pain talking... bad news. Like not even when Tom Sawyer remained mentally traumatized after spotting aunt Polly's underwear :)

Shampain88

Arachnosquire
Btw don't get tagged by the Forcipules of your Asian 'pede my friend, otherwise you would probably view the P.murinus bite as "walk in the park".

They are on another level, pain talking... bad news. Like not even when Tom Sawyer remained mentally traumatized after spotting aunt Polly's underwear :)
I've got a wandering spider lol

Status
Not open for further replies.