oh long has your tarantula lived with out food?

ronald might

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my tarantula a b.smithi is going for a week with out food..some say they go for months!..

how bout yours?

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I had a male H. gigas who refused to eat for 3 months. After that, he ate one small cricket.

cgwpurple

Arachnopeon
I have a Vietnamese Birdeating Tarantula I purchased in March still waiting for it to eat, it does like to kill crickets and put them in the water bowl for me.

worm's girl

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my e. murinus is at about 3+ weeks, we think shes pre-molt. didnt even drink water the whole time until just last night

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
my rosie has gone about 6 months without wanting food.
Then she ate for 3 weeks or so, and right back to fasting.
There are T's that have gone way longer without eating, it pretty amazing

ctsoth

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I don't even feed my Ts weekly! Longest I'd say is 3-4 months out of one of my Ts.

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Right now it would have to be my T. blondi who I think is in premolt. Hes gone without food for 3 weeks now.

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Local Aphonopelma. Went for about 7 months before finally eating(September to April). But then boy...she had an appetite.

kimski

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, I don't feel so bad now. My P. irminia has gone about 4 months now. She just molted on August 6th and is back in her bamboo tube. I know patience but I wanna see her!

Grimlock

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
b. smithi. I feed him about once a month. But, he doesn't always eat. I think 3 months is the longest I've gone.

I can't tell you how many crix dry up because he doesn't touch them. Like right now, I have 12 in a crix holder, and he hasn't looked at the two that are in his habitat. I think I'm going to be setting 10 more free. :\

Stubborn creatures they are.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I have a Vietnamese Birdeating Tarantula I purchased in March still waiting for it to eat, it does like to kill crickets and put them in the water bowl for me.
a what?
I not speaking common pseudo-names

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
G. rosea ... I think the last time it ate anything was last Christmas... approximately 10 months I guess.

jen650s

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I had a G. rosea go 23 months prior to his ultimate molt without touching anything offered. He would flip the water bowl and go back in his hide (I finally got a waterbowl too heavy for him to flip and he filled it with peat instead{D ), at the end of 23 months he ate everything offered for about 2 weeks, stopped eating again, molted into a MM and never ate again for the remaining 18 months of his life. For the 5 years prior to that he ate every 2 weeks like clockwork-even pre-molt:? .

omni

Arachnobaron
My campestratus went 18 weeks(4 1/2 mos.) during her last premolt when she sealed herself up in her hide. I have a 4" A. seemanni in premolt now that's refused food since mid-June, only drinking water.

pinkzebra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have an old Aphonopelma iodius F that hasn't eaten in about 7 months. Maybe a bit more, I would have to look it up. She'll kill the pray, just not eat it.

Jen