oh just another ID thread :)

valcan222

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone, well i found this little guy on the floor of my house and after a nice little hurry to get something for him i got to wondering what is It? well no place better to ask than right here!! anyways the pics are not that good but with any luck you guys can help :)

i live in central oregon just so ya know.

anyways here are the pics of the little guy

anyways hope you can help, i only plan on keeping this littly guy a day or two so i would really like to find out what it is lol.

thanks
Brian

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
I agree with John Apple for Tegenaria sp.

Be careful, as that may be a Hobo (Tegenaria agrestis)!

Maybe TheTyro will see this and she could give you her opinion of it. She has an uncanny knack for ID'ing these! :) S.

TheTyro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lol, I just found one of these last night. I'd definitely say it's Tegenaria agrestis too, but like always, you can never be absolutely positive without a microscope and a professional's analysis :) Really pretty one ya got there too. :D

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah..don't think I'll be breeding my MM Tegenaria gigantea(not like there are any females around anyway). Are they as dangerous as Tegenaria grestis?

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah..don't think I'll be breeding my MM Tegenaria gigantea(not like there are any females around anyway). Are they as dangerous as Tegenaria grestis?
No. Oddly enough, only T. agrestis --among all the many Tegenaria species--is believed to have toxic potential. I have never heard of T. gigantea ever being suspected of having any meaningful toxicity. I would treat T. gigantea as harmless.