OBT enclosure pics

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'm almost convinced I want an OBT( P murinus ) . Even though they have a really bad attitude, are super fast, and some of the harshest of venom. What has convinced me are the stories of their detailed tunnel webs that they create in their enclosures, plus they are orange ! The OBT is a PYT... note self no more cheesey 80's songs references

I'd love to see a few pics of your OBT enclosure to get an idea of what it looks like. I assume it's better than my GBB ( C. cyaneopubescens ) ?

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
While your waiting there is a enclosure/terrarium thread in the pictures section if you haven't been there yet.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm almost convinced I want an OBT( P murinus ) . Even though they have a really bad attitude, are super fast, and some of the harshest of venom. What has convinced me are the stories of their detailed tunnel webs that they create in their enclosures, plus they are orange ! The OBT is a PYT... note self no more cheesey 80's songs references

I'd love to see a few pics of your OBT enclosure to get an idea of what it looks like. I assume it's better than my GBB ( C. cyaneopubescens ) ?
I don't have pictures of mine but the enclusure i have is real simple. its half of a 10 gallon tank with some spaghum moss and water dish and paper towel tube and my OBT just stays in the tube 99.9% of the time...i'll take a picture of mine but its nothin special lol

gagamboy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
what REALLY makes an OBT cool are the times you get to see it in threat pose {D {D {D {D
super wicked :D :D :D

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
While your waiting there is a enclosure/terrarium thread in the pictures section if you haven't been there yet.
I was there. 90% of them are new set-ups. Many with no T at all in there. I wss looking for one with a OBT that has settled in for a while.

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, I suck at taking pictures. But here's a few. In the one he's wanting his belly scratched. Such a loveable spider he is.

Last edited:

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
jr47 thanx for the great pic ! I thought there'd be more webbing...

icenola

Arachnopeon
Such nice homes...and they dirty it all up with that webb....shame...tsk tsk..how can you show off your spider with such a dirty house...hey! Pick up them shoes!

thunderthief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Heres mine, although she hasnt really webbed up much yet. I only got her a couple of weeks ago to Im waiting for the intricate tube webs!!

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
My juvie wanted a cuddle :p

I think they look best like this!

I'll take some pics of both of mine's houses tonight when i water everybody :)

darkness_falls8

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here's a pic of my OBT's enclosure, my T is still in premolt, but i'm guessing days away from a molt.

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
jr47 thanx for the great pic ! I thought there'd be more webbing...
There was quite a bit more but he tore most of it down. Not sure if it was a sperm web or not? But been looking for a female for him so he can make some babies.
They are pretty cool, You should really get one.

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
webbing

Just recently rehoused mine after a molt, but can report that in the last enclosure, the tube web was multi-leveled, with 3 exits, and took up most of the enclosure, was even hard to see her in there. Now I gave her a half-log leaned over to make a sorta cave, and she promptly tubed it, but hasnt expanded into multi-layer, or extra exits yet. Has been about 2 weeks since the move.

Aarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
OBT enclosure...

Oh my god people!!! Someone has to explain to me how I can post pictures in this thread because after you see my OBT's enclosure, it will (no offense) blow those others out of the water as far as web tunnels are concerned!!! The ENTIRE enclosure is nothing but SOLID WHITE with webs upon webs upon webs that just network through the entire tank and all above the substrate too!!! VERY IMPRESSIVE!!! Someone send me a PM explaining on how I can post pics... thanks!!!

silieputty

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here's mine

My OBT likes the fake plant, and acts like a tree spider. :) I mostly don't see my OBT except at night.

Attachments