Not sure this sling is what I bought.

blooms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It's all good, but personally I'm hoping that it'll be a male irmina.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Have you contacted the seller to figure out anything? If so.. What was said?

blooms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Actually today is a national holiday in China. I won't be able to get in touch with him for a few days. However, tomorrow I'm going to meet with a Chinese friend of mine who may know the seller and who maybe able to act as an intermediary. If my friend does in fact know him, then I expect it will get resolved quickly and easily. If my friend doesn't know him, well let's just say, this'll be a learning experience. Anyways I'll keep y'all posted.

blooms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
One more thing about the seller. I bought 3 slings off of him: one 3cm P. lugardi that was actually 5 cm. One 9 cm female P. formosa that molted 3 days after I received it and will probably be upwards of 12 cm when it finishes the molt and the 2+ cm p. pulcher sling that turned out to be a 1 cm p. irmina or p. cambridgei sling. I think the bigger P. lugardi and P. formosa may offset the sling, what do you think? I should say that this is the first time I have had any problem with any T breeder/seller here in China and I buy a fair number of T's. I should also say that this was the first time I bought from this seller and any future business with him hinges on how he handles this situation.

ArachnoYak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I already know the pulcher looks different.. I have stated that.. As for pictures.. Please... Post the link here.. It might help alot of us who cant tell them apart..

Another thing.. How can anyone actually see the markings on the rump of that sling? It is a good picture.. But not that good.. Not good enough to ID the sling as it is..
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28065701@N07/5040741358/

widowmaker03

Arachnopeon
while right now me and chevy both have a sling of Irminia and Cambri. I would say they look "similar" but there are several differences I have noticed with them.

-Markings on legs are similar but the carapace of the Irminia is definitely more reddish in color.

-The Irminia likes to decorate its webbing with substrate while the cambri, it appears, prefers a more funnel like web void of substrate.

-The markings on the Irminia's abdomen are orange while the cambri's are brown.

ArachnoYak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well.. There is no way I can argue the fact about that being a P. cambridgei..

Now here is another question..

What instar is the T in your picture?
What instar is the T the OP has?

As the sling grow they will each get their adult colors.. But! Before they get their adult colors... They both look the same..
The t in the picture is probably 5th or 6th instar, but the markings haven't changed since 2nd instar. I have no idea what instar the T in the OP's pic is, only he or she can answer that. And no they do not look the same until adulthood, actually they're quite easy to tell apart as slings. Hope this helps you to differentiate between the 2, I'm afraid I've done all I can for ya.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very hard to tell a P.cam and P.irminia apart at the 3rd-4th instar. I don't remember at what stage Fang (cambridgei) started to look different from the five irminia.

Reduncus and apparently news to me, pulcher have a greenish abdomen. When I shine a light over the reduncus, it's green kind of like a Ephebopus sling but not as obvious.

AudreyElizabeth

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Haven't really been keeping up, but I just got a pulcher sling the other day. Here is the best pic I can manage.