Not sure this sling is what I bought.

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It is definitely not a P. pulcher. Anastasia's picture was correct in what a P. pulcher looks like.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Let us know how the seller responds. With pulchers being the more expensive of the Psalmopoeus, i'd hate to pay for one & get a less expensive species by mistake :(

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Let us know how the seller responds. With pulchers being the more expensive of the Psalmopoeus, i'd hate to pay for one & get a less expensive species by mistake :(
I would expect the seller to let you keep the other sling and send you out the correct one for free & he pays shipping also. That is what I would do if I sent out the wrong T.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would expect the seller to let you keep the other sling and send you out the correct one for free & he pays shipping also. That is what I would do if I sent out the wrong T.
That's what I would think to be the right response, especially since there's a chance it could be P. irminia & they seem to be a common freebie now.

On the other hand, maybe this one was meant to be a freebie & they just somehow forgot the right one, depending on how many other tarantulas were ordered.

flamesbane

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry with interrupting with nonrelated message... But if we talking here about Psalmos..:eek:
I also have different problem..
I have my P. irminia L11 for 2 months already. First I got her in normal shape and she ate normally. But I really don't know - or is it because of overfeeding or somethink else, but her stomach started hanging like dead bag approx 1 month earlier- even more when she was on glass upside down.. That was terrible scene, but I thought that she going to molt and all be allright. But when she molted fine - the stomach still is uncontrolable hanging because of gravitation. There are observed such minimal muscular controll - close to zero. I experienced first time this.. and I really don't know what to do.. :(
PS: Her webbing abilities are much lower now.
Any suggestions guys?.. :wall:
Start a new thread, you'll get more responses that way.

To OP, I would definitely contact the seller. The seller should be more than willing to correct the situation. I would even link this thread in your communications.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That's what I would think to be the right response, especially since there's a chance it could be P. irminia & they seem to be a common freebie now.

On the other hand, maybe this one was meant to be a freebie & they just somehow forgot the right one, depending on how many other tarantulas were ordered.
Hopefully it's something like that, just an honest mistake. And it needs to be corrected immediately. Hopefully that is the case as well.

ArachnoYak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That's a p. irminia sling. Definitely not a pulcher and definitely not a cambridgeii.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
OK.. Im sorry... I dont see the differance in a P. irminia vs P. cambridgei slings.. Can someone point them out to me? Is one more fuzzy? I see Rusty said they have different patterns on their rump.. Has this been noticed by anyone else?

If no one here can PROVE thats a P. irmina then you cant say its a P. irminia..
Same goes for calling it a P. cambridgei...
We can only say that its one or the other..

So.. If you have a WAY of telling the two apart.. By all means... Share your info on why you think it is what it is...

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
OK.. Im sorry... I dont see the differance in a P. irminia vs P. cambridgei slings.. Can someone point them out to me? Is one more fuzzy? I see Rusty said they have different patterns on their rump.. Has this been noticed by anyone else?

So.. If you have a WAY of telling the two apart.. By all means... Share your info on why you think it is what it is...
I would like to know how to tell the difference as well:eek:

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
I didn't seen any way to start new thread here. Maybe it's because I'm newbie here :8o But I really don't know how...
go to tarantula chat, and click the big, blue "new thread" button. It looks like this:

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I agree with the obvious, you did NOT get what you paid for. I also agree that you got a psalmo C/I, which of the two:?, I've raised both, and its hard to tell unless you pulled the sac yourself, you'd have to wait and see.

Someone owes you an explanation and a new T.

PIG-

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That looks 100% just like my P. Irminia, accept mine is about to explode :D
Just curious.. Did you read the thread? The irminia & cambridgei look the same as "slings"...

Now..

Can SOMEONE tell me how to tell the 2 apart?

No?

Then why are people trying to label it an irminia...or even cambridgei

If the OP can get the seller to properly ID the sling.. Then.. We could know what to call it.. But until then.. No one here can say if that is an irminia vs cambridgei...

The only way to tell if the seller cant tell him.. Wait until it grows..

ArachnoYak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

I'd like to insert some pictures of mine but Flickr has changed the format now and I have to figure out the new way to insert pics, any help here would be appreciated.

Now to answer your question, the chevrons on an irminia sling are somewhat blurred as you can see in both pics. On a cambridgeii sling they are quite distinct and sharp.

A pulcher sling looks nothing like the 2 as it has a greenish abdomen and solid colours on the legs.

Pm me if you want and I'll send you links to the photos.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd like to insert some pictures of mine but Flickr has changed the format now and I have to figure out the new way to insert pics, any help here would be appreciated.

Now to answer your question, the chevrons on an irminia sling are somewhat blurred as you can see in both pics. On a cambridgeii sling they are quite distinct and sharp.

A pulcher sling looks nothing like the 2 as it has a greenish abdomen and solid colours on the legs.

Pm me if you want and I'll send you links to the photos.
I already know the pulcher looks different.. I have stated that.. As for pictures.. Please... Post the link here.. It might help alot of us who cant tell them apart..

Another thing.. How can anyone actually see the markings on the rump of that sling? It is a good picture.. But not that good.. Not good enough to ID the sling as it is..

blooms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Then I must apologize for the clarity of the picture.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Then I must apologize for the clarity of the picture.
I meant no offence about the picture.. It is clear.. However its not clear enough to ID the sling in the way that is being suggested..

Some are saying the differance between the cambridgei & irminia are on the rump.. But the picture does not offer a clear shot of the rump of the spider in question to even offer a proper ID..

That is all I was trying to say.. :)